CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Taylor Swift


Alicia, Adelaide and I try to do a "Girls Night" about once a month. Sometimes it's dinner, other times it's a movie, or it's dessert....doesn't really matter what we do, it's more about us getting out of the house together and having "girl talk." I must say I hear some interesting things from both Adelaide and Alicia on Girls Night that I'm not sure they would tell me otherwise, so it's been good for us. This month, I decided to spice things up a bit. I knew Taylor Swift was coming in concert for her "Speak Now" tour, so I got on Craig's List and snatched us up some tickets. They ended up being pretty descent. BUT, I didn't tell them about it until the day of the concert. I sat them down on the couch after Adelaide got home from school, told them that it was Girls Night and that they'd probably want to wear these t-shirts (T.Swift shirts I had ordered online), and they would need these (the tickets) to get in. Then I said, "Ok, so who knows where we are going?" Adelaide was clueless (poor thing can't read yet), but Alicia finally read the ticket and quietly said, "a Taylor Swift concert," as an E-normous smile crossed her face. Adelaide slapped her hands onto her lap and just stared at me with her mouth gaping open in disbelief. After I told them to scream and jump up and down, I helped them change quickly so we could head downtown.

It ended up that 2 of Adelaide's friends and their mom's were also going. It was quite convenient that these little girls mom's are also my close friends. Poor Alicia felt a litte out of place a bit at the beginning though. Not quite and adult, but not a little girl either. She warmed up after a bit. We all drove downtown together and ate a quick dinner at Panera. Then we spent some time walking around the T.Swift craziness and taking photos. The girls managed to get some Cover Girl lipstick, fruity mentos, and a #13 (Taylor's lucky number) painted on their hands. We took our seats after a bit, but Taylor had 2 opening acts. I thought Adelaide was going to lose it...she was tired of being patient. When Taylor finally did come out, it was a very magical moment for the three of us. It was so fun to watch my girls and their reactions. Priceless. The concert was great. Taylor Swift is quite the entertainer. The whole thing was quite theatrical. I think Alicia new EVERY word to EVERY song. Adelaide was engrossed the whole time, and it wasn't a short performance. I think T.Swift alone performed for about 2 1/2 hours. At the end she was joined by Ronnie Dunn and they sang his, "We All Bleed Red" together. Not my favorite song, but Ronnie Dunn is awesome...Alicia had no idea who he was. I tried to explain it, but she was still clueless.

It was an awesome Girls Night. I sure hope my girls don't expect every Girls Night to be that spectacular, but every once in a while we all could use a magical night, right?

We got the little girls matching shirts. I went for something a little more subtle for Alicia.
Adelaide, Alicia Brynn, & Emmy

Cassey made 4 signs just like this one so that all the girls would have one of their own to hold up. Alicia wasn't too into it, but Adelaide wouldn't put the thing down! She would hold it up through 2 or 3 entire songs before she'd tell me her arms hurt. I'd say, "well put the sign down then." The girl was just SO into it. She'd also form a heart with her hands like Taylor does and hold that up for an extremely long time. It was really, really cute.

Cassey, me, and Alli with our new bff, Taylor Swift.

Taylor floating above her audience at the end of her show.

1 comments:

Cardalls said...

Super fun! What lucky girls!