CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Equestrian Lessons


Adelaide has been asking Daniel for ridding lessons for quite some time now, and we had always thought it would be good therapy for Alicia. Daniel was so excited when he finally found a solution for this dilemma. One of the nurses Daniel works with has horses! She also has a daughter who is a senior in high school who likes extra money....so there you go. It's a very casual arrangement...we text her when we want a lesson, or she texts us when she has time for a lesson. So far, Alicia and Adelaide have had 2 lessons. Adelaide rides a stubborn and a bit lazy pony named "Trigger." I swear he has fallen asleep with Addi on his back multiple times. Then when she tries to get him to go, he practically rolls his eyes at her. It's pretty hilarious. Alicia rides a beautiful horse named "Baby Doll." Baby Doll definitely has a more tolerant personality. She's been pretty easy for Alicia to ride. Daniel, Avery, and I went out with the girls for the first lesson, but Daniel only went with them for the second. Enjoy the photos!


Alicia on Baby Doll for the first time...she doesn't look too sure, does she?

Avery and I petting a horse out in the pasture. He was a funny guy...he liked to nibble...kind of freaked me out.

A very serious Addi riding Trigger for the first time.

But more relaxed the second time.

Alicia also seemed more relaxed the second time.

It's not ALL fun and games...some things still take concentration.

A full view of Addi and Trigger. Addi and Alicia both rode without someone leading them for a little bit during the second lesson.


Baby doll and Alicia...both so pretty.

1 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

So great!!!

When we moved to Seattle, I was going into 9th grade and I rode horses one semester. It was SO therapeutic. I loved it! I wish I kept it up but the barn we were at was very expensive. I loved learning about how to take care of the horse before and after the rides like cleaning out their feet, getting the saddle on and off and getting the bridle all ready. It was awesome! Glad they are enjoying it!