CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Warrior Dash

Here we are after the race. We attempted to rinse off in a herd of people crowding around a fire hose, but we were still pretty muddy. Thank goodness for towels and changes of clothes.


Daniel, Tristan, and I all ran the "Warrior Dash" together when it was in town. It is a really fun 5K race with about 10-12 obstacles placed throughout the course. These obstacles included climbing over a stack of bales of straw, crawling under barbed wire, running through car tires, climbing over wrecked cars, climbing over walls, running through fire, and crawling through the nastiest mud pit you could ever imagine. Thankfully that one is the last obstacle...right before you cross the finish line...otherwise I don't think I would have been so willing to sink down into it and to the crocodile walk through it to go under the barbed wire. It was seriously the grossest thing I've ever bathed in, but I SO did not care. I was tired and ready to be done. Daniel and I ran the whole thing together. He could keep a faster running pace, but I was much more agile over the obstacles, so we evened each other out. We told Tristan to go on ahead (the boy runs a 5k in about 18-19 minutes normally) and that we'd meet him after the finish line.

This is the first race I have ever run. It was quite liberating and felt awesome to cross a finish line. I'm not sure if I'm up for running a 1/2 marathon yet or anything, but next year you better believe I'm recruiting ALL my friends to run the Warrior Dash with me.

Our Results:

Daniel
Age Group: 30-34
Place: 234th out of 1431
Time: 36:08
Overall Placement: 1,308th

Katie
Age Group: 30-34
Place: 25th out of 1044 (I was so impressed with myself!)
Time: 36:06
Overall Placement: 1,298th

Tristan
Age Group: 14-19
Placed: 6th out of 362
Time: 27:17 (he totally could have gone tons faster, but he wasn't sure how to pace himself, so he played it safe)
Overall Placement: 53rd

2 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

That looks like SO much fun!!! Holy cow Tristan.....he is an Olympian in the making. I'm not kidding!

Cardalls said...

Awesome! Once you cross the finish line, you find the feeling addicting. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about you running/competing in more races. Great job on your amazing finishes!!!