CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 16, 2011

"Little Button"

Oh how I've struggled with our "Little Button" (Avery) over the last few weeks. It's been quite the adventure trying to figure out what to have her sleep in. Let me start at the beginning. About 2 weeks ago, she started climbing out of her crib....bad news, I know. So I started leaving the bar to the crib down so she had less to climb over, hoping that would lessen the chance of a broken bone (thankfully we haven't had any of those yet). After a few days of that, I finally had Tristan help me move our enormous dog kennel for our enormous dog (which was not so conveniently blocking the doorway to a storage closet which was keeping our toddler bed) so I could get the toddler bed out and set up instead of the crib. So I took the crib down and set up the bed. Avery LOVED the idea of the bed. She was so excited and I could tell she loved feeling big like Addi. Unfortunately, the excitement wore off. She was impossible to put down for naps and bedtime was a nightmare. Then she started waking up in the wee hours of the morning and was impossible to get settled back down. After about a week of sleeplessness, I finally decided that it had everything to do with the stupid toddler bed (I thought maybe it was because she wasn't feeling well or something). The final straw for me was when I went to get her from a nap, and she was sleeping kneeling beside the bed with her face buried in the blankets which were still ON the bed. I couldn't believe she slept like that!! So, I then called up my friend Kathy (who keeps my pack 'n play at her house for when her daughters babysit Avery for me) to come pick up my pack 'n play. Oh my goodness...how my life has returned to normal!!! Granted, she still climbs out of the thing, but I put it up next to her toddler bed so she doesn't have far to go when she climbs out, but at least we are getting through the night!!! And of course bedtime still has a few kinks in it. She will get out of her bed and come out into the hallway and go visit Tristan or Alicia's rooms...but when she hears me coming, she runs her little tail back in her room and towards her bed pretty darn fast! It's actually kind of cute and amusing, but I'd never let on to HER that I think that! I was totally spoiled with Adelaide. She was easy as pie to switch from a crib to a bed. You can reminisce with me here. Granted, Adelaide was about 5 months older than Avery when I moved her over...but she never tried climbing out of her crib either!! This little Button has thrown me for a real loop!!!

1 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

ahhhhhhhh this transition I am SOOO DREADING! AND potty training....YIKES. Brinley loves to climb on everything but we haven't found her even trying to climb out of her crib.