My baby isn't so much a baby anymore. She is growing up so fast and everyday she is doing more things on her own. She is constantly telling me, "No Mommy, me" when I try to help her. In the past when she was asked what her name is, she would say, "Me." On Tuesday this week we were at Walgreens and the cashier asked Addi what her name was. As clear as a bell Adelaide said, "Addi." I was shocked! It's so cute that I find myself asking her what her name is just so I can hear her new response. Along with all this maturity, I decided to move her out of her crib and into a toddler bed. She started sleeping in it Friday night and loves it! She has slept 2 nights and 3 naps in it so far and I haven't had any of the getting out of bed problems....yet. It's still early, right? So here's the break down; I've got her potty trained (that was fairly easy) and out of her crib (that was TOO easy)...I suppose the next task will be getting rid of her binkies (which I only allow her to have at naps and bedtime and I suspect will be a NIGHTMARE). I'm REALLY not looking forward to that. When my sister took my niece's binkies away, she stopped taking naps! I don't think I'm ready for that yet!!!!!


4 comments:
Soooooo jealous those milestones have gone so well!She's sure has some wild Hair!
She does look so grown up and so many curls! We took Camille's binky away at age 3. We told her she'd have to get rid of it when she turned 3. Same thing happened though - no more naps! Maybe 4 would be a better age :).
I made Kinzy get rid of hers at two and couple months it was after Christmas. Wow, she never had a fear in the world until I made her get rid of her binky. After that she was scared of the dark, characters, you name it she was afraid. It was her only security since she was never attached to a blanket or stuffed animal. I regretted making her do it so young, but slowly after a few years she conquered all her fears. Except she's never gotten over her fear of the dark. We never fussed with night lights or anything until we got rid of the binky. At the same time we transitioned her into her "big girl" bed, hoping potty training was right around the corner. I guess I can blame that set back on getting rid of the binky. She didn't train until 3 months before her 3rd birtday!
Addi is just the most adorable girl ever. I just love love this picture of her. I feel like I have a long way to go with Owen. He is still in a crib and really shows no interest in potty training.
Post a Comment