...had your kids have 4 snow days in a row, go back to school for 1 day, then have a 3 day weekend?? Well, I have. Last week my kids had Monday-Thursday off of school because of 2 inches of snow. That's right...2 inches...don't be jealous. Here's the problem. The county doesn't invest in salting or plowing the roads...instead they rely on the fact that this is Tennessee...the sun will shine and melt the snow and ice. Well, the sun didn't shine for 4 days after the snowfall....thus, 4 days IN A ROW off of school. They went back to school on Friday (thank the heavens), but then they had a 3-day weekend due to MLK day.
The first 2 snow days, we just spent hanging out at home. The kids made a few attempts at a snowman, and I went out and had a few snowball fights with Harlee (more like I threw snowballs at her, and she tried to dodge them or catch them in her mouth...funny dog). Harlee actually really liked the snow...she was very entertaining to watch.
By the 3rd snow day, I think we were getting a little stir crazy, so I took the girls to go ice-skating. Tristan stayed home, and had some fabulous quiet time...playing xbox, watching movies, etc. I think he sometimes needs time to himself with all the females in the house!!! The girls really enjoyed ice-skating. We met up with some friends, and the girls skated for a couple of hours. They both did really well.
On Thursday, I took the girls to Chuck-E-Cheese. Alicia had an excellent report card, so we took it in so she could get 15 free tokens. Again, the girls had a fabulous time since our Chuck-E-Cheese just got a lot of new games. Thank heavens the sun decided to start shining on Thursday afternoon, and Tristan and Alicia went back to school on Friday.
The kids enjoyed having a 3-day weekend. Addi was certainly ready to go back to school today. She really missed going last week. It was nice having all the kids home (although it is also nice to have them back in school). They get along so well together and always play so nicely. I don't know how my mom listened to all of us bicker at each other growing up!! I'm just so grateful my kids don't do that!!!!

Monday's attempt at a snowman.
Alicia and Addi were having a hard time getting the snow to stick, so they just piled up the snow on one of the benches on the deck, stuck some twigs in it, wrapped a scarf around it, and called it a snowman!!!

Tristan and Alicia working on Tuesday's snowman.

The middle ball of the snowman is actually a soccer ball covered in snow. Again, they were having a hard time rolling the snow to make a ball, so they had to get creative. I thought they did a great job!

Avery is super into hats these days!

Wednesday's ice-skating adventure....
Adelaide did quite well skating with this little bar. She would just cruise around the rink. Rachel and Brooke took turns standing behind her, holding the bar and pushing her around at a faster pace.

Rachel and Brooke helping Alicia when she first got on the ice. Taylor has her back to the camera. Alicia did quite well by the end and really had gotten the hang of it.

By the end of our 2 hour adventure, Avery was tired and cold....but she was such a good sport! Can you see that mouthful of teeth???

And of course a picture of Harlee just for good measure. She continues to get big, and won't be slowing down anytime soon!!!! We are getting longer glimpses into the awesome dog she will grow up to be.

2 comments:
oh my goodness! I can't believe how big everyone is!
Are you guys almost done with residency or fellowship?
ps. Hyrum says Hello!
xoxo
A lot of snow here in Indiana and we are feeling a bit of cabin fever! But we don't have "snow days" school happens whether or not there is snow on the ground! One of the joys of home school! :) My kids don't know it any other way though! I love your kids attempts at a snowman! :)
We got your card - always good to hear from you!
Spring is coming (sooner for you guys too)!
Post a Comment