
For Christmas, Tristan told Daniel he wanted to buy me a puzzle. I've really been into puzzles since the summer, so it was a really thoughtful idea for a gift. Well, Daniel thought it was such a great idea, he got on Amazon.com and bought about 5 puzzles and spent a ridiculous amount of money. So one gift after another on Christmas, was puzzle after puzzle. Then there was this beauty...a 3,000 piecer. A 1,000 piecer is a challenge for me, so I was not too excited about a 3,000 one. On the other hand, Daniel was totally excited about it, and when things settled down after New Year's, he asked my permission to bust it open. He and Tristan got it going, and I would work on it periodically. It was just so overwhelming....SOOO many pieces, but thankfully there was enough variety in the picture to put it together in sections. Tristan spent lots of time during all those snow days we had in January putting pieces together. Addi and Alicia would periodically come by and put in a piece or two, but Daniel definitely did the majority of it. After a solid month of work from the whole family, I finally finished it on Sunday evening. When I had 2 pieces left, I called in Tristan and Daniel. We had a bit of a puzzle finishing ceremony. I think the plan now is to figure out how to glue it together, frame it, and hang it up in the playroom. Daniel is super proud of his puzzle. Every time we'd sit down to work on it he'd say, "did you know there is a 40,000 piece puzzle of this same puzzle? Could you imagine doing THAT?" And now he says, "Look, we created our very own work of art to hang on the wall." It was fun to see him excited about something non-work related. Poor guy doesn't have much time for hobbies these days......someday, right??

putting in the last piece

FINISHED!!!

2 comments:
Holy smokes! I love to do puzzles, but that one is enormous! I don't think I could do it. I definitely wouldn't be able to take it apart. I think the worst puzzle I ever did was a "Snow Babies" one Mom bought for Christmas. The entire puzzle was different shades of white. I thought I would go crazy and it took the entire 2 week break to finish it!
I love the picture of Harlee and Avery. So cute! Harlee sure is big, and she is still just 1/3 her grown-up size?!? I can't believe it!
Gabe is looking over my shoulder right now and he loves puzzles. I told him it had 3000 pieces and he said he wants to do one like that too! :) He is impressed and I am too!
Post a Comment