After our fabulous family Christmas, I decided to take the kids to Kansas City for the week of New Year's, since Daniel had to work, and since Wes and Christen were having a wedding reception there. Avery was up bright and early Monday morning at 5:30, so I just woke up the other kids and we got a semi-early start. Adelaide couldn't figure out why I woke her up in the middle of the night, and why couldn't I wait until morning (it was still dark outside...too complicated for her poor little mind....even though I tried repeatedly to explain it...thankfully the sun came up shortly after). We arrived in Kansas City in just under 10 hours...and just in time to eat a yummy ham dinner (thanks Mom!!). Wes and Christen came over later that night and we played games until Cari and Seth arrived with their 2 kiddos. I had talked to them when I had about 1 hour left in my drive, and they still had about 8...Cari was NOT impressed. But they made it, and their kids seemed to survive just fine.
Tuesday was the wedding reception. My mom, Cari, and I were invited to go with the women from Christen's family to get nails, hair, and make-up done. It was such a nice invitation, and it was so nice to not have to wash, dry, and curl my hair!! I didn't have time to get my nails and make-up done, because I wanted to make sure Mom and Cari had the opportunity first. In turn, when we got home, I was scrambling to finish getting ready, so Mom and Cari were wonderful little helpers for me!
The receptions was A-MAZ-ING. I'm not even exaggerating. I got a little stressed trying to keep track of Avery, and also take photos and video. If I'd just put down the cameras, I would have been far better off, but I was too stubborn...oh well. The reception space was decorated so beautifully, you didn't even realize you were in a banquet room. There was a chocolate fondue bar, a candy bar, lots of food, and a photo booth to take your photo. The photo booth is totally genius. You take a series of photos...you get a copy, and then the other copy goes onto scrapbook pages for the bride and groom, and you sign a little message. It a guest book taken to the next level!
For the entertainment, they had a live band, which Avery thought was fantastic. She went right up to them, and then walked back by the drummer, and danced. It was to die for...so cute! They also had invited the Marching Cobra's (a drum line with dancers) to come and they even managed to get Wes and Christen to dance with them. I got them all on video, but no pictures. Give me a break...I had lost Avery in the crowd right before the Marching Cobra's came. Thankfully Cari found her just in time!!! I don't know what would have happened if she hadn't found Avery before then. So I didn't have my photo camera with me...so no photos. After the Cobra's, it got more and more crowded, therefore getting harder and harder to keep track of Avery, so we had to bail before the reception was over.

Mr. and Mrs. Wesley Guenther
"The Power Couple"
They will do great and wonderful things.

Their first dance...with my parents dancing to the left.

Adelaide getting to dance with Uncle Wes...she adores him.

Martin striking a GQ pose in front of one of the food tables. Just a glimpse into the decor of the room...seriously amazing, and so well done.

The girls and I in the photo booth.
We couldn't find Tristan.
We spent the rest of the week just relaxing and hanging out with as much family as we could. Wes and I took the kids to the park for about an hour one day. It was a beautiful day, but a bit windy...Avery had a hard time staying steady! On New Year's Eve, we had Martin and his family over for dinner as well. Poor Kate got sick, and so they had to go home early. So, I ran over to their house after I put my kids to bed to give Martin, Mari, and Seth quick little haircuts. Later, Wes, Cari, and Christen came over, but the party was cut short when I got a call from my mom at 11pm saying that Avery was awake and didn't want to have anything to do with her. I was lucky enough to be up with her until 2am. Needless to say, there were plenty of tears between the two of us. I was worried about the fact I had to drive us home the next day. Her and I got a whole 5 hours of sleep, and then we were up and at 'em. We made it home safely, and thankfully Avery slept for most of the drive.
We got home just before Daniel did. I had ordered a pizza while I was still driving, so it would arrive when we got home. Daniel helped me unpack and put the kids to bed, and then I went to bed myself...at 8:30. I was ex-haust-ed. Daniel was sweet enough to let me sleep in the next day until 10:30!! It's been a LONG time since I slept that long! Next time I travel alone, I need to make sure my baby isn't teething!! She got 2 of her 1 year molars, her 2 front teeth, and another front bottom tooth over the span of the holidays. It was a bit stressful for me, but totally worth the time I got to spend with my family!

Uncle Wes seemed to be a particular favorite with both Luke and Adelaide.

Seth is a freak...but we love him.
We were so glad Seth and Cari made the trip...they had quite the journey home with some severe winds along I-80, but they returned home safely...thankfully.

Alicia with Aunt Liz (Mari's sister who had been living with them for the last 6 months to help with Ryan while Kate had to be at the hospital). Aunt Liz moved back to Utah on New Year's. We are so grateful for her service and sacrifice to Martin and his family.

Sweet Baby Kate
This girl is really very special. She has been very sick with a bit of a GI virus the last few days. She was supposed to start her anti-body therapy today, but they decided to give her another day to rest. Martin is with her at the hospital and will be able to stay with her this whole week. Please keep praying for Kate. She is a strong, amazing little girl, but desperately needs our prayers.

Avery has a habit of getting 3 or 4 breakfasts every morning. She insists on eating with everyone as they sit down to eat. Here she is sharing Uncle Wes's bowl of cereal.

Apparently Uncle Wes has some mad photography skills. Who knew??

Tristan is so sweet with Avery, and she just adores him back!

Helping Addi hang upside down. Luke and Lily are also in the photo.

Probably the cutest baby EVER...but I'm not biased.

Pretty picture of Alicia.

2 comments:
FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! That looks like such a fun time all together!!! Your kiddies ARE the cutest. And how is Avery getting ALL THOSE TEETH??? Brin still only has 2 on the bottom. So....I guess we just wait right?
Christen looks like such a nice girl!! Hope we can meet her someday!
The wedding looked so beautiful! her dress is gorgeous! i am sad that we missed the wedding!
Post a Comment