Adelaide had been highly anticipating her 5th birthday. Most of her friends have turned 5 already, and went to kindergarten this year. She told me after her birthday that since she is 5 now, she is ready to go to kindergarten. It took a long chat to explain to her that even though she is 5, she will not start kindergarten until next fall. Poor baby...she wants to be big like her older brother and sister so badly. So instead, she settled for the "no snacks during church cuz your 5 now" rule. Works out nicely for me...less stuff to pack...and it makes her feel "big."
We celebrated her birthday a few days early since Daniel and I were going to be in California for my little brother's wedding on her actual birthday. At our house, it is a tradition for the birthday person to pick the dinner meal. "Mac 'n Cheese!!!" she said. Somehow I convinced her to have hamburgers and hot dogs, but she was set on a chocolate cake with chocolate icing, without sprinkles (I think I put sprinkles on her cake last year, and she was NOT impressed). Daniel's parents arrived during dinner (they stayed with the kids while we went to California), and then we opened gifts and had cake and ice-cream.
The one thing Addi REALLY wanted for her birthday was a PillowPet (don't ask me...I don't quite understand the novelty). When I asked Addi where she had even heard of a PillowPet, she said, "At the t.v." To which Alicia explained, "She saw a commercial." And then I saw the commercial myself, and they totally sucker you in!!! Like the chia pets...remember those??? Totally stupid, but the commercial makes them look SOOO cool. Anyway, I had bought Addi the purple unicorn PillowPet, and after she opened it she said, "Now I want the ladybug!!!" To which grandma said, "Well, maybe for Christmas." To which I replied, "Dream on you two." After gifts and before cake, Addi disappeared and returned with her regular pillow. She was proceeding to take off the pillowcase and was telling me she didn't need her pillow anymore, since now she had a PillowPet. Somehow I convinced her to keep her pillow, AND use her PillowPet. So funny. Love this little girl!!!!

The perfect cake...

...the PillowPet...

...the Leapster...a fabulous Black Friday find. Apparently Addi played it the whole time we were gone! I was so glad to not have to be the one to help her learn how to play it!!! Thanks Grandma!!!

Adelaide has been asking for this fishing pole since the summer when we went fishing during Camp Nagrenol....it broke 5 minutes later......ok, so it's not really "broken"...the line needs to be cut and re-routed. Whatever...if the line had issues after 5 minutes, I'm not too hopeful for it.

4 comments:
Addi is such a big girl!!! She looks so grown up!!!
I see those pillow pets EVERYWHERE. Don't get it!
I commented on your last post regarding the email you tried to send me with my address and info, so re-read your comments.
Great pics! My little niece who lives in Texas just turned 5 too!
Post a Comment