CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 04, 2010

Adelaide's 4th Birthday

I'm so very behind on my blogging.....so I take you all the way back to Adelaide's 4th birthday! We were going to be traveling on her actual birthday, so we celebrated it as a family a few days before. She also had a little birthday party with 2 of her friends (Brynn and Shyla) at Chuck-E-Cheese. She loves that place and had been asking me for months if she could have a birthday party there. Seeing as how I just had a baby, I wasn't in any mood for a big party, so I actually just surprised her. That morning she saw I had a wrapped birthday gift and she kept asking me who it was for, and I kept telling her it was a surprise....when we finally got to her party, she was so confused that it was for HER!! I had to explain it more that once....poor thing. I guess 4 is a little young for surprise birthday parties!!! Her friends gave her fantastic gifts including a water barbie doll whose swimsuit changes in warm water, a mermaid doll, a big sister book, and barbie doll clothes.

Shyla, Addi, and Brynn


On the evening we celebrated her birthday as a family, she requested fried chicken, potatoes, and broccoli (a far cry from last year's PB&J's, mac 'n cheese, grapes, and carrots). She also insisted on wearing her "birthday outfit" that morning. I had no idea what she was talking about...apparently her birthday outfit is her Halloween witch costume....so that is what she wore all day long. She also requested a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting....yummm! Again, she got some great gifts....Alicia gave her a Hello Kitty movie, Tristan gave her 2 lego cars, Grandma Norma got her balancing blocks and a stamp set, and Daniel and I got her a 3-wheeled scooter. She loved it all! I can't believe how big she has gotten so quick! And now that she is a BIG sister, she loves to help by getting me diapers, wipes, binkies, throwing away dirty diapers, talking and singing to Avery, and even holding Avery.

Lego Car!

Stamp set and balancing blocks...

Hello Kitty dvd....

Scooter!!!!

Who else enjoys all her facial expressions???

4 years old!!

0 comments: