I have always considered myself a dog-lover...even a pet-lover...possibly even an animal-lover (although sometimes the animals my husband comes home with makes me seriously question that), but I must say, I never thought I'd be the type (whatever that would be) who would get their pet cremated. The whole cremation thing freaks me out a bit...even for a human. The thought of having someone's ashes on my mantel is a little creepy for me. Anyway. After we had to put Perci down last July, we opted to just have her body taken care of in a communal cremation (because that was the cheapest option). Daniel's dad was the first to ask, "Well, what did you do with her body?" He was shocked and appalled that we DID NOT opt to have her cremated so that we could spread her ashes at the family cemetery in Chicago. Daniel then, in turn, started to feel bad that poor Perci was just buried in a communal cremation. SOOO, long story short, when we had to put Zoie down, it was a no-brainer that we would request to have her cremated so we could have her ashes (I won't even tell you how much THAT cost). So this is what sits on my built-in bookshelf in my living room. Seriously. No joke. Am I an animal-lover or what??? And I guess I'm SOO "the type"!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment