
On their way home to Charlotte, North Carolina, Uncle Rob and Aunt Ingrid stayed overnight with us. Daniel was working a 24-hour shift at the hospital, so for Family Night, we decided to take an adventure and go see him after dinner. Aunt Ingrid's comment when she saw him was, "You look like a real doctor!" I totally understand this reaction...I had it the first few times we went to see Daniel at the hospital. You know he is a doctor, but then you see him in his get-up and it makes it real for you. Daniel's reaction (not so understanding), was "Of course...I AM a doctor, you know." So cheeky. Aunt Ingrid was so impressed by his badge and pagers. He also took us on a tour to see the new Chief Resident office...which was actually quite good since his last office was practically a broom closet. His new office is complete with actual office furniture and a huge MAC computer. Huge improvement!
I had Tristan move into the bonus room to sleep so that our guests could sleep in his room with the queen bed and attached bathroom. I had only been asleep for about an hour when I woke up to Aunt Ingrid's face. I was a little confused, but she patiently waited for me to regain my coherency before she told me that Addi had just thrown up...twice. My aunt is truly my hero. She cleaned up Addi AND her bed, not once, but TWICE, before coming to wake me. We made up a bed for her on my floor, and luckily she didn't throw up again after that. I was so worried my aunt would get sick....as she was going to visit her grandbaby just after New Year's who is just a few weeks older than Avery. She got lucky...I did not.
The following morning Uncle Rob and Aunt Ingrid were up early making us breakfast of french toast and bacon. Rob said he got such good breakfasts while they stayed with Martin and Mari, and he wanted to end his vacation living up to the same caliber. Mari sure set the bar high!!! I think we did alright, though! Hopefully we will get to go visit North Carolina this summer!

2 comments:
You better come visit this summer! Ryan, Brinley and I are about 98% sure we will be living with my parents next summer to save on rent before we take off for law school!! Isn't my mom a saint?? She told me that story and said...You just have to understand that a 4 yr old can't exactly clean herself up. Throw up is throw up!! Hope youre doing great! I need to see more pics of Avery!!
Wow what a Christmas your family had, sounds busy but fun! Love the kids in the family picture they all look so nice and so grown up. Hope you guys have a wonderful new year!
Post a Comment