CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Perhaps a Horse...

Lately, Adelaide's new "thing" is trying to ride the dogs like a horse. She grabs hold of either Perci or Zoe's collar, strattles them, and then tells them to "GO!" The dogs, of course, hate this and just sit looking totally pitiful and tortured. Luckily neither of them has gotten really annoyed with her. For Daniel, this only confirms that we really need to get horses...and fast....I tell him he can do what he wants as soon as residency is over....



I haven't blogged in a while, so here's some updates....

Last week we enjoyed a 2 day visit from Daniel's parents and my niece, Tamblyn. They brought my car back...YEAH!!!!! I've been driving around their F-350 truck since Christmas when we had car trouble and had to leave our car at the Lake to get fixed, so we ended up taking their truck home. I've really been looking forward to the car swap AND it was nice to spend some time Tam, Cindy, and Tamblyn. Daniel had asked Cindy to take a look at our shower to find out why we weren't getting hot water through it, and that led to an adventure of trying to shut off the water main since water was gushing out of the shower. We employed Tristan with a bunch of towels and Daniel (who was at work in the middle of rounds) called a friend who is a general contractor to come to our rescue! Who knew we needed a "water main shut off tool" to get the job done?? Needless to say, we will be investing in one of those gadgets! The whole adventure wasn't for not...we found the problem and the part will be shipped to us soon for the hard price of $2.75...and we can even take hot showers again!!!!!

On Super Bowl Sunday we had some friends over for a little get-together. Daniel was really wishing we had a basement as there were kids running all over...up and down the stairs...and almost jumping through the ceiling while he was trying to watch the game. The other ladies and I congregated in the dinning room to chat. We enjoyed fabulous food...BBQ brisquet, baked beans, mashed potatoes...and munchies (7-layer dip, salsa, mangos, and veggies and dip). It was a fabulous spread and fun was had by all.

Tristan is playing basketball, and his team has been nick-named the "Underdogs," since they haven't won a game, but they work REALLY hard defensively and the last game they only lost by about 5 points. Tristan has been labeled the MVP...the kid is all over the court and I swear he flies out of no where sometimes. He's pretty entertaining to watch.


Alicia is becoming quite popular. We are constantly getting phone calls for playdates. She has started to have a lot more self-confidence and relying less on how others precieve her. A friend gave her a pair of fabulous cowboy boots and she's been wearing them to school everyday (except gym days), even though the other kids ask, "what are you wearing?" Can you believe that even though we live in Tennessee she is the only kid in her class that wears cowboy boots???? And yet, she continues to wear them! Now all of us girls have boots...I should get a picture!

2 comments:

GUENTHERS said...

Sounds like you guys have had a very eventful couple of weeks. It's good to hear that everyone is doing well. Martin got to watch the superbowl by chance. We had to go to the hospital so I could get a few things checked out. He was pretty thrilled, because if we were at home on Sunday, I wouldn't have said it was ok!

Cardalls said...

I love Addi's hair. It is getting so long, curly and wild!