CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentine's Day

(I hadn't realized Daniel had taken a picture of his handy work! I found it today while I was downloading Tristan's pictures. Obviously Daniel was quite proud of himself...as he should have been!)

Well, I'm a bit late reporting on my Valentine's Day, but better late than never, right??? Last Wednesday night me and a bunch of ladies from church went to the 10 'o clock showing of "Fool's Gold." Going to the late night show on a weekday was something I started doing while Daniel was in medical school and he would study late. I hadn't gotten a group together to do this since we moved to Nashville, so I decided it was time. We had 11 ladies show up, so I thought it was a great success....I even had husbands thank me later. Everyone wins....the ladies don't need to leave until the kiddo's are in bed (simplifies things for hubby), the ladies get some great female bonding and a chance to watch a movie without being interrupted, the husbands don't have to do any extra work and can do their own thing, and then the ladies come home happy! Does it get much better than that?????

When I got home from the movie I found (from Daniel, of course) a dozen red roses and a big plate of chocolate covered strawberries...yum!!!! I ate about half the plate that night...they were just so delicious!! We didn't do anything actually ON Valentine's Day, but on Friday night we went out to dinner to spend our $200 gift certificate that we won last weekend. It was to a very ritzy restuarant in Nashville. We actually managed to spend the entire gift certificate on one meal without alcohol! We were pretty impressed with ourselves. The food was amazing and one day, when we can actually afford it, we'll go eat there again! It was difficult to get in the mind set of spending $200 on one dinner for two when you could get a very full shopping cart of groceries and such at Wal-mart for the same price, but that's the beauty of a gift certificate, right?

2 comments:

Megan said...

The movie night was a blast. We definately need to do that again. How sweet of your husband to get roses and strawberries. I love roses.

Cardalls said...

Love the little plates of strawberries for each of the kids. What a great Dad. The roses and very large plate of strawberries for you - what a great hubby!