
We had a very sucessful Thanksgiving. Daniel's parents and brother, Nate (with his wife, Brenda and 2 kids, Max and Tamblyn) came for a little visit. Tristan and Alicia were busy all weekend playing with their cousins. They seemed to have a great time. I am so grateful for this house...when I think about how much I miss my family and friends, I think about my house and count my blessings. We had plenty of room for everyone and the weather was in the 70's, so the kids played outside a lot.
I have decided that Thanksgiving dinner just doesn't taste as good when you are the head chef, but I was impressed that everything went as well as it did. The turkey was cooked perfectly, and I did a beautiful carving job...all credit to my dad. Every year I have watched him carve the bird so that I can eat the skin, I guess I must have learned something as well! I was sad to not be in St. Louis with the rest of my family, but it was a really great visit with Daniel's family, so I actually didn't think too much about it. We did find out that Daniel has a week long vacation over Christmas, so we will get to be in Kansas City with my family then.

2 comments:
Hi,
Katie I just love your comments. It ia as if you were talking to me.That is great that you will be able to go see the rest of the family. I realy miss seeing all of you. I hope you ahve a wonderful Christmas. And by the way I am not surprised that your turkey came out perfect. You have wonderful parents that taught you to do things. Love Opa
who took that picture, I like it a lot.
Post a Comment