Since Tristan is off at Scout Camp this week, it's just me and the girls here during the day. I'm also a bit behind on my blogging (shocker, I know), so I thought I'd start catching up by devoting a blog to just the girls.
Avery is now 19 months old. I took her in last month for her 18 month check-up and everything was great. Although, I would really like for her canine teeth to finally make an appearance. I swear they've been bothering her for over a month now. Avery is FULL of energy and spunk. I often tease Daniel that she gets her spastic-ness from him (yeah right). She is literally ALL over the place. She has discovered a love for coloring, and has even done some art work on my walls. Nothing the Magic Eraser can't fix, thankfully. She absolutely adores her sisters and brother. I have to say that Tristan is most definitely her favorite. Yesterday she got flat on the floor and started crawling around while she roared. I couldn't figure out what she was doing, so I asked Tristan. He said he chases her like that sometimes, so I guess she was just mimicking him. Crack me up! She eats about 3 breakfasts every morning. She eats first thing when she gets up, then again when the girls eat breakfast, and then again when Tristan eats breakfast. I can't even begin to really explain how funny she is, but she keeps us laughing and smiling everyday.

18 months
31 1/4 in 50 percentile
22 lbs 9 oz 25 percentile
Poor baby ALWAYS has her fingers in her mouth trying to sooth her sore gums.

Avery's first toe nail painting. The older girls were painting their nails, and I didn't want her to feel left out. She loved it!!
A few weeks ago the kids all came to us and told us they wanted to do a Lemonade stand. Apparently Tristan was the mastermind behind this little adventure. Daniel took them to Costco the next morning to get cups, lemons, limes, and snickers bars. Tristan helped them make about 1/3 of the sign, and then invited a friend over, and then went to post flags with the scout troop. So, Alicia finished up the sign, and then her and Addi spent the next several hours selling Lemonade, Limeade, icey popsicles, and frozen snickers at the end of the driveway. Daniel and I were super paranoid and pretty much sat at the front door the entire time to make sure they didn't get pulled into a passing car. Daniel had even equipped Alicia with a hammer just in case someone tried to grab her. (I had to chuckle at that one) The girls did great. They managed to flag down quite a few people to sell to. I think they made $33 that day (the original investment was $47, so they still had a little ways to go), which I thought was really good; impressive, really. They tried selling again another day, but only sold 1 cup of limeade to our neighbor. I think after that they felt a little defeated. So Daniel lost out on about $10, but we used up the rest of the limes and lemons to make ade for ourselves, and we are still enjoying some frozen snickers, so it wasn't a complete loss!

Adelaide also had her first dance recital at the beginning of the month. I started her in ballet in February or March, so she was a little behind the rest of the girls, but caught up very quickly. She just LOVES dance class. The company she takes dance from puts on a full production at recital time. This year was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. There was acting, singing, AND dancing. Adelaide's class were lime green Lollipop kids and danced to the "Lollipop" song. We only stayed for the first act, but Daniel and I were super impressed. Adelaide did a great job on her routine and was so cute. Afterwards, we went to Cracker Barrel to celebrate.

Addi was SO excited to get flowers. I had Tristan give them to her, and she just thought that was awesome. She gave him ALL the credit...it was so cute.

Tristan, Alicia, me, and Adelaide after the recital. We left Avery at home with a babysitter.
Last week, I sent Alicia and Addi to Vacation Bible School at a local Presbyterian church. It was for 4 days for a just a few hours every morning. The girls had a great time! They both did lots of crafts, sang lots of songs, and played lots of games; indoor and out. Alicia's age group went on a field trip to the court house and listened to a girl tell her story of becoming addicted to drugs, being arrested multiple times, and losing her baby to foster care. She is currently trying to turn her life around so she can get her baby back. Alicia talked a lot about it, so it must have had a bit of an impact on her. Anyway, it's all very fun for the girls, and on the last day they have a little singing program for the parents in the evening. Tristan was kind enough to sacrifice himself not going so he could stay home with Avery instead (I think he was relieved actually...). Alicia ended up winning a drawing for an enormous cut-out of Lightning McQueen that is still in her room. I'm not sure how much longer I'll let him stick around before I pitch him, but she was proud!

Before the program wearing their VBS shirts.
"R.A.C.E for the Prize"
Redemption Action Course Energize
Philippians 3:13-14
"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

After the program with the Lightning McQueen cut-out.

2 comments:
I love all the updates on the girls. Lily wore the same dress for her dance recital last year, except hers was pink. They wore the bows in their hair and tap shoes. I think it is a really cute dress.
Fun post! your life sounds so much like mine right now, minus the big kids ;)
Post a Comment