Okay, so I know Easter was almost a month ago, but come on, people....you and I both know I've been struggling to keep up my blog ever since Avery was born. Who knew one could be so busy with 4 kids!!?? We had a lovely Easter. I had beautiful dresses for all 3 girls. Unfortunately we dropped the ball on getting a picture with all 3 together, but whatever. I actually had to buy Alicia's from a store this year (my mom doesn't get much in Alicia's size at the store she works at). Luckily I found a very pretty one at Kohl's 50% off...but once again, dropped the ball on getting a picture. What kind of parent am I???
Late Saturday night I gathered everyone (except Avery...who was in bed), to dye eggs. Tristan asked, "Do I have to?" To which I replied, "Of course you do." Teenagers. Everyone got to dye 4 eggs, and once we got going, everyone got pretty into it. I didn't grow up dying eggs, so it's new to me too! By the end, we had a very colorful assortment of beautifully dyed eggs.
On Sunday, morning, the kids all hunted for their Easter baskets. This year everyone was able to find their baskets without any drama! Alicia even found hers without having to play the hot/cold game, and it wasn't hidden in an easy spot either! We made a big breakfast and then opened the 12 eggs of Easter. Each had a scripture and something little inside to go along with it. It was all about the last few days of Christ's life and then ends with the resurrection. In the afternoon, we went to church. There was beautiful music and wonderful messages about our Savior. I think I cried multiple times. We had invited our friend, Jason (his wife, Rachel, was in Seattle with her mother who had just had surgery), and his 2 boys over for dinner and egg hunt. For dinner, we had a delicious Costco ham, potato casserole, green beans wrapped in bacon, strawberry green salad, fruit, and our decorated eggs! SO Yummy!
After dinner, we had a very complicated Easter Egg Hunt. I had put money in the eggs, but also wanted to keep it fair so that everyone ended up with the same amount. The girls were looking for 1 big yellow egg each and the boys were looking for 1 big blue egg each (each had a $5 bill in it). Then, each kid could get 3 more big eggs (each having 4 quarters), but they had to be careful to only get another yellow or blue one, and girls and boys had to make sure not to get the other's color. Then, they could get 4 patterned small eggs (each had a $1 bill in it). And lastly, 5 plain small eggs (only stuffed with candy). So each child ended up with $11. Yep!!! I got carried away, but it was so much FUN! I had to walk around checking everyone's basket telling them what more they needed to be looking for, and then take out any extra eggs they might have picked up. It was totally chaotic, which is probably why we are lacking in the photo department. I think the kids enjoyed it....getting money helped make it worth being totally complicated. We finished off the evening with the movie, "Diary of a Wimpy Kid." Like I said, it was just a lovely Easter.

Dying eggs Saturday night @ about 9:30.

Alicia and Addi got new swimsuits and cover-ups in their baskets this year. Addi also got the "Tangled" cd, and Alicia got a photo album to put her pictures in. Tristan got a new soccer ball and 2 new neck ties. Avery got a couple of movies (really for the family), and a package of those magic markers that only work on the special paper.

This blog wouldn't be complete without an Avery/Harlee photo. We took Harlee to the vet last week...she weighs a mere 100 pounds. You feel every bit of it when she steps on your toe or unexpectedly leans on you.

Our beautiful egg creations.

Addi on the hunt.

Avery post-hunt. She ate a ridiculous amount of candy. We weren't paying close enough attention since we were helping the other kids get the eggs they needed. Oh well!!! That's the beauty of being #4.

0 comments:
Post a Comment