CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 11, 2011

First Track Meet of the Season

Tristan had his first track meet of the season last week. I realized how much easier it was to take Avery to track meets last year! (being only 6 months old, she'd just sit on my lap or in her car seat...even in the fall during cross-country she was happy to sit in her stroller...NOT anymore) She was ALL over the place on the bleachers and everywhere else making everyone nervous. At one point I was about 3 feet away from her on the grass, and a few mothers went over to her and were looking around for the person responsible for Avery. I said, "she's mine. I'm right here!" Later one of them came back up to me and said, "I'm so sorry about earlier. I thought you were just a teenager!!!" Lovely. I hope one day I can appreciate those kind of comments, because right now they are just annoying. Yes...I am a mother to not only this 18 month old, but also that 14 year old out there running a race. Anyway....would I like some cheese with my whine?

So this post isn't about me....or Avery. It's about Tristan and how rockin' awesome he is. Tristan is running the same 3 events as last year....the 4x800 relay, the 4x400 relay, and the open 800. This was an important meet because most of the schools in the county were there. Normally it is only 3 or 4 schools at a particular meet, so there was more competition and a lot more pressure for a first meet. Both his relay teams did really well as they both placed 2nd. The open 800 was incredible. Tristan ran a very smart race. He started out strong. He kept the lead until the 2nd lap on the back stretch when he let the kid on his heels pass him. After they came out of the curve, Tristan kicked it in on the homestretch to pass the kid that had passed him earlier, to just barely finish in front! It was amazing and I was screaming my head off. He ran both his 800's in a solid time of 2:20. His 400 time was 1:01. We have another meet tomorrow, so I thought I'd better hurry and post before I get behind!

at the end of the first lap...

Making his move on the homestretch! Awesome race, T!!!

1 comments:

Cardalls said...

I thought I commented already, but I don't see it on here. Hmmm...

Anyway, great job Tristan! He is such a terrific athlete. I'm sure the "too young" comments are annoying and frustrating, but I don't get them any more and I miss them. :)

Love Harlee. She is so big! Avery is a doll and I love that she rides Harlee like a horse. Too cute.

Miss you!