CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 16, 2011

Updates

With Daniel finishing the board exam, I had made him a "Honey, Please Do After the Board Exam" list of about 10 things. I had said, "please." I was actually very impressed that even the very next day, he set out to get a few things on my list crossed out. One of the big chores was getting the 3,000 piece puzzle framed and hung in the playroom and OFF of my dining room table. And he did it...in no time at all he had that thing glued, framed, and hung. I was totally impressed. He also hung a few more photos I'd been wanting to add to my still growing "photo wall."
Doesn't it look great? A thing of beauty....

My "work in progress" photo wall.

Track
Tristan had a solid track season. His team won every meet they competed in (except the final all-county meet, where they placed 2nd). He ran beautifully every meet in the 4x800 relay, open 800 meters, and the 4x400 relay. He always ran anchor for the 4x800, and it was always exciting. Both relay teams broke the school records more than once through the season. Tristan always placed 2nd in the open 800 just behind another boy from his school. I think his best 800 time this year was 2:17. In the final all-county meet, the 4x800 team placed 2nd (the boys were super disappointed, but they ran their hearts out), Tristan placed 3rd in the open 800, and the 4x400 team also placed 3rd. He had a great season, and every race was very exciting. I was often screaming my head off at him as he ran in front of me. I'm sure everyone thought I was crazy, but who cares??? The girls were always good sports at the sometimes very lengthy meets. Great season, Tristan!!!!

Board Scores
Daniel found out that he had passed (YAY) his board exam on the Thursday before Mother's Day. We were all very excited for him, but HE was elated (as he should have been...he studied extremely hard for that thing). Friday, I had a birthday lunch with a few of my girlfriends, and had gotten a babysitter for the little girls. Daniel ended up getting off early, and since he didn't need to rush home for anything, he started browsing for a celebratory gift for himself at the Harley Davidson store. For those of you who don't know, Daniel had a motorcycle (1988 Honda Shadow) all while we dated and for the 1st year we were married. We took it on most of our dates (except in the winter time, when I would drive my car). It was a big part of our lives. So it was a very sad day for both of us when we moved to St. Louis and had to sell it so we could get a 2nd car. We made a pact that when he was "done" we would replace his Shadow with a Harley. The deal was he could start shopping on August 1st (the day after he gets his first "real" paycheck). Well, needless to say, August 1st came about 3 months early. I knew I was going to lose when he woke up on Saturday morning at 5:30 to get ready for the day and I asked him what in the world he was doing up so early on a Saturday, and he replied with, "I just can't stop thinking about motorcycles." Sure enough, I found myself at the Harley dealership right when they opened to make sure Daniel would be able to get his beloved Fat Boy Low. He has definitely earned it, and it was so fun to see him so happy and excited. Congratulations, Daniel. We are all so proud of you!

Ha HA! Not THAT kind of Harlee......
Finding herself a cozy place to nap on Alicia's bed.

THIS is the Harley. A Fat Boy. Doesn't he look good on it?

1 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

O my goodness....that bike looks SO intense!!!! did you get a matching helmut and leather jacket???

Your DOG is ginormous!!! Love her.

Ummm.....we're going up to Charlotte for the 4th....any possibility you're coming too??? :-)