CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 23, 2011

Tristan's Birthday


So it's true...I am the mother of a 15 year old. I would have been 14 almost 15 years old myself if I had birthed him. I think about my life as a 14-15 year old, and thank goodness I was no where NEAR having babies...but little did I know, one of mine WAS in fact being born somewhere else while I was mostly concerned about lifeguarding for the summer (to get an awesome tan) and going to cheerleading camp (rah rah). Tristan is such a good kid with an amazing spirit. He has had more life experience than most of the other kids his age he hangs around with. I'm so humbled and grateful to be able to call him my son.

There wasn't a whole lot of hoop-la for Tristan's birthday this year (saving it up for when he turns 16, of course). I got up early and cooked him a breakfast of eggs, bacon, and waffles. For dinner I ordered his favorite pizza. We had an amazing chocolate cake (made by me) with chocolate cream cheese frosting (yummm). And then we had him open his gifts. I was surprised when a few weeks before his birthday he brought me to the computer to show me the pink (yes, I said pink) soccer shoes he wanted. I ended up ordering them from China...I lost sleep wondering if I'd ever actually see these shoes I spent a pretty penny on. I didn't realize I was ordering from China until after I gave my credit card info, but I couldn't find any bad reports for that website, so I hoped I was safe! He was so excited to get his pink cleats. His face was priceless. The girls bought him the Wolverine Origin movie, so he stayed up late watching that even though it was a school night...birthday trumps everything.

The following weekend he and a friend celebrated his birthday by hanging out and then going to see a movie. Now all he needs to do is study for his driving permit test so we can go to the DMV and get that taken care of!

blowing out his candles

I told you they were pink!!!

Happy 15th Birthday, Tristan! We love you!!

1 comments:

Rand Sargent said...

Tristan, I can't believe you're 15! That makes me feel old! Hope things are going well for you and the family. I think about my experience meeting and teaching you the missionary lessons often. You were always one of my favorite people! Always so excited and so funny. You can probably finally high-5 Elder Beckstrand as high as he can reach. Good luck with everything!