CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Daddy/Daughter Dance


Last weekend Daniel went with Alicia to her school's Daddy/Daughter Dance...."Dancing Under the Stars." When the sign up paper came home, I showed it to Daniel...his response, "Awww come on....you know NO ONE asked a DAD how THEY would feel about his activity." Yes, it must be torturous to spend 2 hours with your daughter at a dance. I could somewhat see his point, but I also knew how much Alicia was looking forward to it. After she got home from school that day, I set up a little spa to help her get ready (it sure pays to have a cosmetologist for a mom). I gave her a full on manicure, did her make-up, and put her hair up in a spunky little up-do. When I was done, I took a step back and decided that "I've still got it!" She looked great. I then told Daniel to "have a good time," and "be good sport...it's only 2 hours." I could kind of see why he wouldn't be too excited. We both pictured an event where the daughters ran off with their friends, and left all the dad's to stand around awkwardly. I could understand why one would not be looking forward to it. Fortunately, that is SO not what it was like. Daniel said it was jam packed full of dads and daughters and everyone was dancing. Alicia stayed with Daniel the entire time and apparently every girl stayed with her dad, so it was truly a "Daddy/Daughter Dance." Afterwards, they stopped by Steak 'n Shake for some shakes. Alicia came home on cloud 9 and Daniel still in a good mood, so I think it was a success!

Isn't she pretty? Don't you love her "smokey eye"?

yep...still got it
I really don't think she understands how lucky she is that she has a mom who knows how to do all this beauty stuff...people pay big money to get all dolled up!!

5 comments:

Cardalls said...

Alicia looks beautiful.

Seth to Lily to a Daddy/Daughter dance at the YMCA last year. He really didn't want to go, either, but Lily was soooo excited. They both ended up having a great time!

I think it is so important for girls to spend time with their daddy's. Especially special time like this.

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

SHE LOOKS SOOOO gorgeous!!!! and so grown up!!!

And yes, I agree! It is great to have a mom who knows how to do that. I unfortunately learned from Jill and I don't think she gave me the best advice just starting out with makeup. Ooooor it was a phase.

I STILL get compliments about my wedding hair. All thanks to you!!!!!

Karen said...

adorable! i love it. i love daniels reaction, i could see brad saying the same thing! maybe one day i will have daughter, set up a spa and do her hair and make up for a dance!!

Judi said...

She is lucky to have you to get her all dolled up! She looks so pretty, of course that is because she is so pretty already!

I am not so sure Ben would like a daddy/daughter dance either. But I'm so glad Daniel had such a great time anyway!

Are you snowed in today? :)

Em & M said...

She looks super gorgeous Katie!! I cannot believe how big she is it has been a long time since I have last seen her!!