Believe it or not, we are still here and doing well! I know it's been a while since I've blogged, so I thought I'd do a quick update on all of our kiddos.
We got the professional photo back from the Daddy/Daughter dance. I thought it was really cute, so here you go...

I still can't believe that Alicia will be going to middle school in the fall!! She has grown up so fast and is becoming a very beautiful young lady...inside and out. The other day she was again frustrated with the piano and told me she wants to quit...ironically she only tells me that when she's frustrated. I think my plan will be that she has to do piano, but can pick another activity as well. She is just so naturally good at the piano that I'd hate to see her give up on it.
Adelaide had picture day at gymnastics, and I certainly wasn't planning on buying any. You always end up with way too many pictures and spend more money than necessary. BUT, then I SAW them, and couldn't pass it up, so of course I spent a ridiculous amount of money, but how cute is this...

Tristan got his braces off on Valentine's Day. Talk about an awesome gift! He looks great, and I often look at him and am taken back by how grown up and handsome he looks these days. Don't worry, we've already had one broken retainer...I was very shocked at how much it was to replace it. But instead of replacing it, they put in a permanent retainer on bottom, and made one of those clear retainers to wear only at night. Instead of $178, it was a bargain price of $95. Apparently the retainer was sitting in his lap during dinner, and the dog got a hold of it. I was NOT impressed....with him AND the darn dog. He is back on the soccer field for another season, and is also running on the school's track team.

And then there is baby Avery. My mom describes Avery as "a going concern." There really is no better way to describe it....is is constantly going and it is always concerning. She is very busy and interested in just about everything...and oddly enough, pretty stubborn. BUT SO CUTE!! Every night before getting in the bath, she puts her clothes in the hamper, and her diaper in the trash. In fact, if you don't let her throw away her diapers, she gets very upset. When I took her in for her 15 month appointment last month, we found out that she had dropped in her weight percentile because apparently I hadn't been giving her enough milk. So, feeling like an awesome mom for not giving her the milk she needs, and for the fact that yes, she still drinks out of a bottle, I've decided I don't care WHAT she drinks her stinkin' milk out of, she just needs to be drinking milk!! I've tried all sorts of things to get her off the bottle, but she just plain refuses to drink anything but water from a sippy cup or any kind of cup. No juice, no nothing. Whatever. Right now my goal is to have her back up in her weight percentile. I'm sure I'll get another lecture from the doctor about the bottle at her 18 month appointment, but does it really matter? Really? I've decided it doesn't, but it took a lot of self-convincing....maybe I'm still self-convincing myself.... Oh well. There are bigger fish to fry. Right???

generally such a happy baby....
30 in 25-50%
20lb 13oz 20-25%

I love Harlee's face in this photo. This is Avery giving Harlee loves...she is nuzzling Harlee. Avery loves loving on Harlee. And Harlee just kind of takes it. I'm not sure if she likes it or not, but it sure is cute!!!

awwwwwww

1 comments:
Welcome back to the blogging world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And what a good update! Are we going to see each other this summer or WHAT??? 4th of July party again?? It's the same 8 hours to your house as it is to Charlotte, so maybe we can visit you guys this summer too!!! Wouldn't that be F-U-N?????
Tristan is SO GROWN up. And holy cow beautiful white teeth!!!!!!
Alicia is so beautiful! And YES keep her doing piano. Even though I am SUPER rusty, I can still play pretty well once I get going. I am SO glad that my mom forced me to play because it is such a great talent to have in the LDS church!! Everyone is always asking if you can play the piano.
Avery???? OH my. Brinley's top teeth ARE there, just not grown through. It is sooo funny for me to see Avery with all those teeth!! Pediatritions always make me feel bad. I just roll my eyes and say okay okay okay...Apparently they don't know how stubborn 18 month olds can be!! Yikes.
And yes, that pic of Addie is GORGEOUS. she is so stinking cute. If you have too many, mail us one :-)
Okay, this was a long comment. Basically, I love your family. Good update :-)
Post a Comment