CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 04, 2011

A few things...

There hasn't been much to blog about since all the chaos of the holidays. The kids had 6 snow days in the month of January. They only have 3 more snow days built into the school year...if they go over, they'll have to tack on extra days at the end of the year. Tristan has been busy with basketball. He is playing on a rec team, and also a youth team at church. He is gearing up for the track season which starts at the end of this month. Alicia continues with piano and the school chorus. Adelaide is busy with pre-k and takes gymnastics once a week...although she tells me she really wants to do ballet. Avery is still the cutest baby EVER. She jibber jabbers all day long, and gets super excited when Tristan and Daddy come home. After a 2 year break, and a 14 month recovery from giving birth (not that I physically needed that much of a recovery...I've just been busy...weird, huh?), I have joined back up at the YMCA. I did 3 cardio classes this week, and I'm SORE. Feels good!

Today I was joking around with Adelaide and started talking like she does (all silly and valley-girlish).
She says: "Stop talking like that, Mom, it weirds me out."
me: "Um, weirds you out??" (thinking: where did she hear that phrase?)
She: "Yeah, it's just weird for you to talk like that cause you're, like, an old lady. So you shouldn't talk like that."
me: totally dumbfounded....I have no response to that.

And the other day while I was cooking dinner I looked over and saw this:

How precious is that??? Avery really loves animals (must take after her daddy). Sometimes the cat sleeps in her rocking chair at night, and so we move her over so Avery can sit on my lap and drink her milk. Avery holds her bottle with one hand, and pets the cat with the other. She is always super gentle with the cat and with Harlee. Harlee is pretty sweet with her as well. In fact, the other day Harlee (the big oaf that she is...a 65 lb puppy is oafy) accidentally knocked Avery over, and when Avery started to cry Harlee put her tail between her legs and her head down, and was looking for a place to hide. You could tell she was super anxious. I didn't even say anything...in fact...I ended up comforting the baby AND the dog. Harlee is getting to be a pretty good dog. We've been working with a dog trainer, so that's been helpful. We keep her on a pretty tight leash, but I'm committed to making her an amazing dog.

So that's our January in a nutshell. Super exciting, isn't it??

1 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Holy 65 pounds!!!!!!!!

Avery and Harlee are SO adorable. Brinley had a funny incident with a dog last week. We were over at a friends house and she didn't see the dog come in (a boarder collie) and she turned around, the dog was in. her. face. Brinley SCREAMED and started shaking. Well, after a whole summer with Sophie aka 14 pound dog verses a bigger more in your face dog, I'm not surprised. But, it was funny/sad. hahaha