
I've observed something interesting about "family time" in our family. The best family time we have together is not planned, does not require spending money, nor getting in the car and going anywhere. The best family time in our family just kind of "happens." For example: on Saturday Alicia had her fall piano recital (which she performed excellent at), and Tristan had his final rec soccer game (which they won...of course, and also became their age bracket champions). In the afternoon, I had planned to put Avery down for a nap, and take Alicia and Addi to the Fall Fest in downtown Franklin while Daniel and Tristan stayed home (Tristan had planned on having a friend over). Instead, we accidentally had some of the best family time.
It started with Daniel going outside with the dog to lay in the grass and soak up some rays. Then Addi went outside, then Tristan. The two of them started playing soccer. Addi was goal keeper...when she missed blocking a goal, Tristan would make her run around the net one time (can you say, "SO CUTE??"). Then Alicia made her way outside, and we all started playing soccer. It was all of us against Tristan. We play totally unfairly. We foul him left and right...we push, we hold onto his shirt, we put him in headlocks, etc...I mean, if we didn't then he'd totally slaughter us!! And somehow I still ended up with a huge bruise on my shin, a ball to the head, and punched in the face....each time Tristan would say, "oh sorry, Mom, I'm sorry, are you okay?" At least he's sweet about it. We had the best time together. Everyone was happy and smiling and having fun. So much better than any Fall Fest could have done!

When Daniel first came outside with the camera, he immediately started taking photos of the dog....of course. I gave him a hard time, and he started taking pics of his family.

Aren't we all hilarious?? We were so silly...and it was so fun!

I think Alicia was going for the "high fashion model" look. You know, the models that apparently look so hot, but the normal person can't figure it out? She just bought these rain boots with her own money, so I think she looks for every excuse to wear them....love it!

I'm pretty sure I just smacked his leg in an attempt to distract him. We cheat...but only a little!
Do you love my necklace? Addi let me wear it...aren't I so lucky???

When you're awesome.....

SOOOO my daughter....

I think this may be part of the reason why my thighs are STILL sore.

And who could forget the dog??? Here she is...with her pink glittery name tag that I got for her. I try to put as much girly colors on her as possible (it's really just to drive Daniel crazy)....I had thought about getting the pink leash for Daniel to walk her with, but knew he'd refuse, so I went with the black. Wasn't I thoughtful?

2 comments:
#1 Alicia's hair is gooooooooooooorgeous.
#2. YOU are skinny minny.
#3. Harlee is HUGE. I seriously want to cuddle with that doggie.
Harlee is getting so big! I can't believe it. Fun times. :)
Post a Comment