CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween 2010

It feels like we've been celebrating Halloween all month long!! I started out the month with an 80's night with a bunch of my girlfriends. We got on our 80's garb and went to a local ice-cream parlor, then topped off the night with "Girls Just Want to Have Fun." SOOO awesome!

Jenny, Amber, Rachel, Cassy, Zoe, me, Yvonne, Alli & Carla

I have no idea what the three of us are doing in this picture. Totally random. We are so weird.

Last weekend Addi went to a costume birthday party and was a white bridal princess. Apparently, she couldn't find her crown, so she settled for a cream bow-headband with her white dress. THAT was all Daniel...I was with Tristan in Knoxville for state cross-country. I would never have allowed that....whatever. I'm sure it doesn't matter. It was a great party. Addi had a killer time, and now I have a huge mending project to do on her dress. Lovely.

Alicia had a 50's party at school as her fall party, so she decided to keep up that costume for Halloween as well. Adelaide got to have an actual Halloween party at her school, so she chose to be SuperWoman. This year she had a whole array of costumes to choose from. My mom sent me "options" and I just couldn't decide (since they were all such good deals), so I let Addi keep them all.... When I asked her this morning which costume she liked best, she replied, "Supergirl because I got to wear lipstick and looked beautiful."

I must say, she did look beautiful. I remember loving Halloween as a kid because my mom would do my hair pretty and put on make-up. Apparently Addi feels the same. She held so still for me to curl her hair, put on powder, eye shadow, blush, lipstick, and even a little mascara.

On Thursday night we also carved pumpkins. Carving isn't really my favorite thing to do, but I DO love to roast the seeds!!! YUMMY!! Another one of my favorite things from childhood. My mom was an awesome mom...I have such good memories surrounding holidays...I hope I'm doing the same for my kids. I feel a little lame this year since my Halloween decorations didn't even go up until Friday afternoon (my mom always had them up a month before). But, better late than never, right?

L-R: Alicia, Tristan, Adelaide

On Saturday night, we had our church's "Trunk-or-Treat" party. I always love this party because you can get a good amount of candy and only walk about 500 feet. It's fantastic! There was also a Chili Cook Off, and wouldn't you know it, but I won an award. I got the "Most Spicy" award. I'd like to take all of the credit, but the chili recipe I use is my sister's "All-American Chili" (the Guenther cookbook is a thing of beauty!). So thanks, sis!!! Tristan was real creative and dressed up as a soccer player. Of course, this costume required the purchase of a real Chelsea soccer jersey (a club soccer team in England)....I wouldn't pay for the whole thing. I made him cough up half...and he did, gladly. So I guess he wanted it bad enough. Alicia was a 50's girl. Adelaide pulled out the Pocahontas costume for this party, and Avery was a chicken.


There was a Chelsea patch at the store for $4. I asked Tristan if we could just sew it onto any shirt and call it good...he said, "no." Imagine that.... I ended up buying the patch AND 1/2 of the shirt. He pinned the patch over the BYU logo on his jacket.


Daniel tried to teach Addi to say, "I seek peace for my people." It didn't really stick, but the few times she did say it, it was cute.

I love Avery's tongue in this picture....it looks like her beak!!!

The final activity we went to was on Sunday night. A family that we have gotten to know pretty well thru Tristan's school soccer team (and who also live in the neighborhood), invited us over for dinner and trick-or-treating. I decided it would be a good thing to do since we are always hanging out with people who have younger kids. I thought it would be good to go somewhere where my little kids would be the only ones....switch it up a bit. I think Tristan and Alicia enjoyed having multiple people their own age to hang out with. Addi didn't seem to mind there was no one her age...she just hung out with the adults like the little diva she is. We sat around the fire and ate hot dogs, chili, and junk food for a while, and then we rode out on a trailer full of hay to go trick-or-treating. The driver would stop, everyone would run out and trick-or-treat all the houses close by that had a light on, the driver would drive ahead, and all the kids would pile back on to go to the next bunch of houses with a light on. It was a great system. Addi decided on the pink leopard print kitty for this party. She called herself "Nala" (our cat's name) all night.

Avery in her Halloween pj's. I figured they'd be perfect to go underneath her chicken costume.

Addi in character...I think she is actually meowing in this photo.

Getting ready to go trick-or-treating. We had beautiful weather. I think it was only in the 50's...no one was cold, and no one was hot....it was perfect.

2 comments:

Cari said...

"The child said their was an....award." Nice job. That is our favorite chili recipe. With Wes here, we rarely have leftovers of that meal.

Karen said...

addi's costumes are all sweet! i love the pocohontas one and the supergirl one. looks like you had a fun halloween