CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Meet Harlee

Daniel has been wanting another dog since Zoie died almost a year ago. In fact, right after we got home from the vet after putting Zoie down, I found him on the computer researching a particular type of dog. Keep in mind, this was also THE DAY I came home from the hospital after having Avery.... Not only had I just had a baby, but then I had to say good-bye to my dog, and THEN I found my husband looking at our NEXT dog!! He didn't skip a beat (he just couldn't fathom NOT having a dog...he wanted his next running buddy....a four-legged friend wagging it's tail when he came home from work), and I thought I was about to have a nervous breakdown....somehow I was able to hold him off...for a while at least. Of course, he doesn't want just any dog, but a horse-dog...a Great Dane. Somehow (I really don't know how) he convinced me to take the family to go look at them with him. The next thing I knew I was buying the puppy. That's right, I, was writing the check, and I was somehow okay with it. So, on October 1st Harlee will be 8 weeks old and ready to come home. Another thing to add chaos to my life . . .

Harlee as a newborn pup


Don't you just love her spotted nose? It's my favorite part of her!
5 weeks old

She won't be a lap dog for long...although the breeder says her dogs still think they are lap dogs....what is it with big dogs???

We have to keep a close eye on Avery, she loves torturing the puppy.

Supposedly if you hold them like this and rub their bellies they become more submissive.

We also tried it with Avery, it doesn't seem to work too well on humans.

This is Mack, Harlee's papa, with Alicia and Addi...he weighs a mere 200 lbs.

4 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

UMMMM adorable!!!!!!1

200 pounds????????????????????? OH MY GOSHHHHHH!

I can't wait to meet him!

Judi said...

I've missed your updates! :)

Cooling down is 90's huh? Well it cooled down to the 40's here last night. The heat even kicked on. I love it!

Harlee - what a cute puppy! I guess you have to add someone new to your family each year right? :)

How about some chickens next?

Anonymous said...

and i thought my 10 week old golden retriever was crazy. good luck! we have also been rubbing the belly. seems to be working. right now she's alseep at my feet tooting up a storm. gag. gag. gag. :)

Cardalls said...

Cute doggie!!! (or horse...not sure) I can't let Seth or my kids see this. They want a dog, but something a little smaller...like a boxer. :)