CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 27, 2010

Life As We Know It

So we've settled into more of a routine with the start of school and activities. Doesn't mean we are any less busy...in fact...it means we are MORE busy...but at least there is a routine!! I remember growing up that my mom had a cross-stitch she hung in her car...it was of a mom (totally about to rip her hair out) driving a car with a bunch of kids in the back seat totally all over the place with arms and legs coming out the windows. Under the picture, was written, "I spend my life in the car." I thought my mom was totally ridiculous...she didn't spend her life in the car...give me a break. Well, as a mother, I have a whole different perspective. I have recently mentioned to my mom that maybe I am in need of that cross-stitch, so I can hang it in MY car.

Last week Tristan had his first cross-country meet. Can I just say that cross-country is a fabulous spectators sport??? Mainly for the reason that it is so SHORT. In middle school, the run is only 1.5 miles. The girls start promptly at 4pm, and the boys run by 4:25, and we are out of there well before 5. It's fantastic! WAY better than track meets..... Anyway. Tristan is freakin' awesome. It's amazing. He breaks out from the group very early in the race, and then continues to lengthen his lead. Last week he came across the finish line at 9:20 (it was almost 100 degrees outside...SO hot), and this week he came across at 8:59. He is always very much alone when he crosses the finish line. It is pretty sweet. The girls and I cheer like crazy when we see him come down the straight-away. I think he enjoys his own personal cheering section....who wouldn't???

Lined up before the race...Tristan is in one of the white jersey's in the front row.

Just after the gun shot...

... on the home stretch...he always "kicks it in" the last bit of the race. It's really fun to watch.

Adelaide started gymnastics last week and LOVES it. It is very structured and they actually teach gymnastics....you pay for it, but it's awesome. I have her wearing Alicia's old dance leotard. It amazes me how small Alicia was when she first came to us....I can't believe Addi is getting to be the age that Alicia was when we adopted her...time flies. Anyway...Addi totally has a little gymnast build, so she does really well in class.

At the end of class, each student gets to swing from the rings and drop into the foam pit.

Alicia has started piano lessons again. She does pretty darn well for herself. Her teacher gives her a few songs to work on, and she has them figured out in about a day or two of practicing. I'm not sure why I require 5 days of practicing..... Apparently, though, her teacher is impressed with her retention from over the summer, and will have a new book for her at her next lesson. Hopefully it will challenge her a little bit more!! She will also be starting the school chorus again. That's a lovely activity...7:45 am rehearsals once a week. She loves it though!

And then there is my baby...(who I've noticed is significantly under photographed on this blog). She is 9 months!! I recently took her in for her check-up, and I wondered where my tiny little baby went! She is so stinkin' cute....we all just adore her. She lights up the room with her HUGE smile. She giggles every time one of us enter a room. She has been pulling herself up and walking along the furniture for a while, and she'll even stand on her own for a few seconds. I'm sure walking is just around the corner. She eats well, sleeps well, and is generally very happy and content.

Do you see her 2 bottom teethers poking up??
28" 50-75%
18 lb 1 oz 25-50%

I love how she looks out of the corner of her eye, and her BIG smile.
One day I was taking a photo of Addi, and I told her to smile....she opened up her mouth REAL big. I said, "What is that? That's not a smile." To which she replies, "Yes it is...it's an Avery smile." Touche.

I love her big eyes...totally not MY eye shape...totally jealous.

4 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

What a good update post! I loved all of it! Your kids are amazing!!

Okay, jealous Avery has teeth!!! WHAT!!!! SHe is such a doll!

Judi said...

Sounds like you are back on a schedule too! That is great that Tristan is running cross country and doing so well at it too. Hope you are all well. :)

Aimee said...

Oh the fun of being a Mom!! Your family is so "stinkin" cute :o)

Cardalls said...

I love Avery's baby cleavage. She's darling. All the kids are so great! It's so neat to see and hear about all their activities and successes.