CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Puzzles & Ranch

While we were in North Carolina for the 4th of July, I got turned on to 2 things....Puzzles & Ranch dressing. Let me explain why. My Aunt Ingrid has a designated "puzzle table" in her living room. It is awesome. She always has a puzzle going, so you can sit down and anytime and put in as many or as little pieces as you want. Everyone gets involved, and it is such a great activity. So I decided I needed a puzzle table in my living room. I have a lot of unused space in my living room...but I still have to find a perfect 2'x3' table...SO, I am temporarily using Daniel's chess table that he built during under-grad at BYU. I L-O-V-E, love it! When we left NC, Aunt Ingrid loaded me up with about 8 1,000 piece puzzles. I just finished my 3rd one...this one took me forever...so Daniel said I needed to leave it up for a few days.


Secondly, I am now super into Ranch dressing. My cousin's husband, Ryan, works as a server at a country club. He says that there are always these big, huge southern customers who ALWAYS ask for ranch dressing...no matter what they are eating. He says it's so gross, and he always wants to tell them that ranch dressing is the last thing they need. So, one day at lunch we were eating carrot sticks, and kind of as a joke I asked where in the heck the ranch dressing was. Ryan laughed and proceeded to get the ranch dressing out of the fridge for me. Now we are constantly dipping our veggies in ranch dressing. I hope Ryan isn't grossed out by me now!! But he said since I was no where near being huge, that it was okay.


So, THANK YOU my North Carolina family for helping me exercise my mind and to start becoming a true southerner!!!

0 comments: