I know it has taken me forever to give you an update on sweet Baby Kate. I just want to start out by saying...boy, does PRAYER work!! Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers!! Kate's surgery went incredibly well. The surgeon went in hopeful to remove 50% of the tumor, but after a 4 hour surgery, reported that he was able to get 95% of the tumor removed!!!! When I heard this news, I was overcome with emotion. It was a testimony builder for me...our prayers ARE heard. Granted...Kate still has a hard battle in front of her, but she came thru this obstacle like a champ. Her recovery went pretty well....nothing is ever perfect, but she's a strong little girl. Today, Kate is scheduled to start round 6 of her chemotherapy. If all goes well, then she will have her bone marrow transplant (which will be a minimum of 6 weeks in the hospital) in a few weeks.
I took my kids out to Kansas City for one last summer trip after Kate's surgery. Deer Creek Golf Course was sponsoring a golf tournament fundraiser for Kate, so I thought Tristan would like to play on a team with Martin, my dad, and a family friend. It sounded like they had a really good time. We also enjoyed hanging out with Aunt Liz (Mari's sister) and Ryan quite a bit. We went to Open Gym at a local gymnastics gym, to the dollar movie (How to Train Your Dragon...so cute), to the swimming pool, and we even had a water balloon fight in Martin and Mari's backyard. Aunt Liz has a lot of energy and the kids really enjoyed being around her. She went with Alicia off the diving boards and water slides at the pool and Adelaide loved riding on the Lazy River with her. I am so grateful to Liz for her service to Martin and Mari's family during all of this.
Mari and Kate were able to come home a few days early from the hospital, so it was fun for all of us to be able to spend some time with Kate. We ended up enjoying dinner every night with Martin and/or Mari. It was nice to spend time with them and with Ryan.

Aunt Liz and Alicia attempting hand stand contests...

The kids couldn't get enough of being rolled across the floor in this thing.

Especially Ryan....he hated having to give up his turn for someone else to get a chance! But he's just so stinkin' cute!! (this is him inside the tube)

Addi and Alicia enjoyed the balance beam.

That's right....Alicia climbed all the way up that rope. She has amazing upper body strength...probably from all those push-ups!! ha ha ha
So the kids started back to school right when we got back from Kansas City. They are doing well adjusting to the school schedule. Tristan has decided to run cross-country. He is not sheepish to tell me that he always finishes first from his team during practice. He has his first meet tomorrow so it should promise to be fun to watch! Alicia will be starting up piano again, and I think I'll enroll Addi in a gymnastics class. Avery is doing well....she finally got some teeth!! The two bottom front ones came in....she's only 9 MONTHS old!! About time! She has also discovered the stairs....she LOVES to go UP them, but hasn't a clue how to get DOWN them safely. She loves her older brother and sisters. If she is grouchy, all I need to do is call one of them down to play with her, and she is happier than a clam!!
And don't forget to keep praying for Baby Kate!! All of our prayers have clearly made a difference, so please don't stop now!! You are all amazing!!

2 comments:
We pray for Kate everyday!!!
WHATTTT Avery has TEETH??? Still, Brinley is tooth-less. But she is standing on her own a few times during the day. I'm afraid walking is right around the corner!
Glad to hear the update about your niece.
Post a Comment