The 2 little girls and I spent the better part of today out shopping. Avery was, of course, quiet and content in her car seat, and Addi was, of course, energetic, all over the place, and quite chatty with the other shoppers. We were in our last store looking at purses and wallets (because I'm tired of carrying around a purse AND a diaper bag, so I was looking for a VERY large and trendy purse). Addi was chatting with the other shoppers, and those of you who know Addi, know that she only has one volume....loud (I have no idea where she got that from......). Anyway, we proceed to the checkout line, and she finds more friends to chat with. I'm checking out, and she is STILL finding people to chat with, and then she slaps a boxed stamp set on the counter and very loudly says, "Mommy, I want this."
Hello??? There are like, 10 people totally watching me at this point, so I very mom-like respond with, "Well, I want a pony."
To which Addi doesn't skip a beat in her reply of "Well, I'll buy you a pony if you quit nagging me about it!" Her tone is what really got me....totally sounded like someone else I know....that's right....the Mother of the Year....ME!!!!
I think I turned a bright shade of RED, then looked at everyone who was laughing at us and said, "I have NO idea where she's heard that before!"
No one believed me. Imagine that.
I'm glad my daughter and I could provide some serious comic relief for our fellow shoppers and the store clerks. So often I feel like Addi NEVER listens to me (like most 4 year olds), but apparently she is listening VERY well, just chooses what she will actually respond to. NIIIIICE...... All I can say, is that maybe baby Avery will be more like her Daddy.........

3 comments:
epic.
I am so glad you are writing all these little quotes. my mom wrote a lot of them down...sometimes they are brought up in the most awkward of times.
loves.
Thanks for the chuckle! I love it! I like your response when she told you she wanted something. I will have to try that. It sounds better than "NO!" :)
so funny! haha.
brad pulled out the frying pan you gave him this summer. This morning he said, do you know what frying pan this is? I said, i dunno a wedding present.
NO Karen, this is the frying pan from your cousins, remember the "substitute husband award?"
Apparently he is very proud of his frying pan.
We miss you guys, you need to come up to Canada again soon! hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment