CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Avery at 4 Months

Avery Marie
4 months
24 1/2 inches 50-60 percentile
13 lbs 8 oz 40-50 percentile

I took Avery in for her 4 month appointment last week. How sad is it when they have to get their shots??? She was just sitting there minding her own business, sucking on her fingers, then all of a sudden feels her thighs get attacked by a very sharp object. It didn't help that she was super tired, but it took a good 15 minutes to get my typically very mild mannered baby calmed back down.

I also started her on rice cereal a few days ago.....she's slowly getting the hang of swallowing instead of pushing it out with her tongue. She is constantly sucking on her fingers. A few days ago she even bit down on them a little too hard and made herself cry...poor thing. She loves playing in her excer-saucer and sitting in her bumbo. She's totally the 4th child because she takes the best nap in her car seat while I'm out running errands....when we are home, her naps are much shorter! She adores her older siblings. Addi loves to get real close to Avery and talk to her, sing to her, read to her, anything! Anytime she even sees Tristan and Alicia, she smiles at them. She is such a good, mild-tempered baby. We all enjoy her and are grateful she is a part of our family.

3 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Can't wait to meet her!!!! She is adorable!

The Taylors said...

Ok so the car seat trick is a 4th child thing? Sweet I am counting on that next time, so far 1,2 and 3 have not been car seat sleepers! lol! The shots are so sad... they really need to figure out a better way, poor girl. Glad to hear she is a good/happy baby for you!

Laura

Judi said...

Wow four months old! So sweet Katie! I always felt so bad when they get their shots too. I'm glad she is such a good baby for you. Number four really hit me hard. Gabe was a hard baby, my hardest. I'm getting tired now . . . but we are making it!