I am having a great time in Mwanza, it really is a different world over here. I have seen striking poverty and disease, yet the people are so humble and friendly, which makes it an enjoyable place to live and work. I have found a hotel here that has a wi-fi signal, which seems to be a rarity in this part of the world. Below are some pictures of my adventure so far:

In Nairobi, Kenya. I got stuck there for two days due to an airport strike.

The view from my classroom window

The port at Mwanza. Bananas are big business here.

Mama Teresa, our daytime security at the guesthouse. Notice the club.
Don't worry, our night-time security looks a bit more fierce.

Another one of my students concentrating on the quiz.


I am really into reptiles. This is a nicely colored agama on a small island on
Lake Victoria, only a 15 minute boat ride from Mwanza, also pictured in the background below. The boulders here are very impressive.


Katie will be so excited to see that I will be bringing home a pet chameleon,
found by the gardener, Isaac.
Displaying one of many color variations.

Some sort of antelope. I should probably figure out what I am looking at out here.

Very nice! Another pet chameleon. This one is larger and surprisingly friendly.





1 comments:
Sweet photos. You have an even more awesome wife for letting you go. :) Be safe and we look forward to seeing more pictures.
Post a Comment