I will openly admit that I have started nesting. When we finished remodeling the kitchen a year ago I had high aspirations to make drapes for the sliding glass door. I drug Daniel to the fabric store (which ended up totally putting me in a foul mood because we couldn't agree on anything) and we must have spent over an hour trying to pick out fabric we could both live with. Needless to say...that fabric has been sitting in my closet...still on the bolt...until last week when I suddenly got the urge to be domestic! We have had strange July weather (lots of rain and kind of cool), so the kids and I have spent a lot of time at home...the timing was perfect! I turned the dining room into my sewing room and went to work. Kathy came over today to keep me company while I worked, and I ended up putting her to work!! I had her hand stitch the blackout shade lining to the drapes...a task I was NOT looking forward to since you have to do it with the drapes hanging. I needed to use blackout lining since the afternoon sun comes thru this window and heats up the kitchen. Anyway...I have to say that I am quite impressed with myself. If I had known they would turn out this nicely, I would have started on them months ago!!!

Even though I was totally annoyed with Daniel when we got the fabric, I must admit I am glad he was there!! HE actually picked out this fabric, and I have to say I L-O-V-E it!

The colors in the fabric tie in all the colors in our kitchen so well....from the print on the wall (which my friend Sarah framed for us as a gift when she worked at Michael's frame department in St. Louis) to our granite countertops to the tile on our floor.
Now stay tuned to see what I have in store for these next windows!!!! I'm on a roll!



3 comments:
The drapes turned out really nice. I'm so impressed! When you are done with your windows, you can come do mine. ;)
Ooooo So pretty! I also love your built in's. I am dying for a sewing machine this year. Having a baby has made me so hungry to be a "real mom" and sew. haha I'll probably get one and then never use it because I won't have time!! Oh well!
Great job Katie!
Post a Comment