CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Farmer Dan

I love my husband....I love him a lot. And I guess I can't blame him for doing some of the things he does when I take the kids and go galavanting around on vacations with out him. He's stuck at home...working....so that we can go on fun vacations. I guess I can't blame him when I come home from a 2 week trip out of the country and find a Sugar Glider living in a cage in my bedroom. Although I did learn about her the night before I came home. I was talking with Daniel on the phone and I heard this horrible screeching sound in the background. When I asked him, "WHAT was THAT," and he just started giggling like a little schoolboy, I knew that he must have bought yet another animal. After about 5 minutes of giggling he finally confessed to buying a new pet....a Sugar Glider.


A Sugar Glider is a marsupial originally from Australia. Apparently some breeders came to Nashville and were selling them at the mall. One of Daniel's co-workers saw them and called Daniel (knowing he had spent time in Australia) and asked him if he had seen these animals while he was in Australia. Well, that's all the encouragement Daniel needed. The next day he and his co-worker went to "check them out" and to see a movie. Of course, they never did make it to the movie, and it was Daniel that took one home...not his co-worker. Is anyone else surprised??? Because I'm not...not at all.

Our Sugar Glider....possibly named Joey ( we haven't quite decided), is just a baby, so we have this green pouch (since she IS a marsupial) that Daniel makes us carry around our necks with her inside so that she gets used to us. So bizarre. She is just a little thing. Her body is only about 4 inches, and her tail is just as long...if not longer. She makes horrific screaming noises and poops when she is scared......lovely. She's pretty cute, though. Daniel says when she is older she will be able to "glide" around the house and hang out in our pockets. Unfortunately she is nocturnal, so we'll see how that goes. So far we've kept her in our room and she doesn't bug us too much during the night. A few mornings ago, Daniel's alarm went off and he hit snooze. I was too alseep to notice, but he says our Sugar Glider made her chirping/screaming noises until he got up. Apparently she didn't want him to be late for work!!!

It's always an adventure with Daniel. He keeps me on my toes, and I do love him for it. He has taught me that change isn't always a bad thing and is sometimes fun. I would use the term "fun" much more loosely, than he would...but I'm getting there!!! I actually took the news of a new pet surprisingly well. I guess I am just grateful it wasn't a goat or chickens....yet.

2 comments:

Karen said...

i guess that is one thing my husband doesn't do, buy strange animals. he may hunt and want large deer heads in our bedroom..but no sugar gliders! haha. he looks pretty cute. you'll prob get used to him and fall in love

Judi said...

So cute!