CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sick, Sick Man

Daniel has this tupperware container that is basically like a doctor's bag. He has a whole stock of needles, lidocaine, sutures, and who knows what else. It comes in very handy sometimes...like when he does a good deed and stitches someone up. Well, this afternoon I saw Daniel carrying said tupperware into our bathroom (fyi-I just cleaned the bathroom yesterday) and I already knew what he was planning on doing. He has done minor surgery on his toe 2 or 3 times and once on his finger. Today it was his toe that needed some work. So, he pokes himself with a needle 1/2 a dozen times to numb up the toe, then takes his little scissors and cuts out part of his toe nail. In the mean time Addi comes walking along and is totally fascinated by his self-surgery and loves saying, "bleeding" over and over as Daniel's toe gushes blood all over the sink. Gross me out!!! I just don't know how he does that stuff to himself!! I get it that he does it to others, but to inject yourself with a needle??? There was even one time a few months back that he got pretty sick and decided he needed fluids, so he put an IV in himself and gave himself a liter of fluids. Does this seem sick and twisted to anyone else????? What has the world of medicine done to my husband???

3 comments:

GUENTHERS said...

The whole needle thing really freaks me out. I got a little pain just reading this blog. Very interesting. I hope I never get hirt while visiting you guys, just kidding.

GUENTHERS said...

I meant hurt, not hirt!

Anonymous said...

hee hee. ha ha. i'm totally laughing since this has soooooooooo happened at my house but usually I'M the guinea pig. one night abe came home from the office with a surgical pack and said, hey, let's take that mole off your back you hate so much. WHAT? but after much deliberating (is that the word?) i turned on 'the office' and laughed the time away while he joyfully injected, sliced and sutured his wife on the couch. it will be forever in my memory as one of the oddest moments of our marriage. doctors...weird.