CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

I've Still Got It!

Somehow a friend of mine got it out of me that I used to sew in my younger days, so she decided to have me help her make an apron. She is apparently really into aprons...I never wear one when I cook which is why most of my clothes have stains on them. After making this incredibly cute apron, I'm thinking about making one for myself! So, Kathy and I spent the day yesterday laying out, cutting, and sewing her polka dot, halter, 50's style apron. It turned out to be much more intense than we both thought, (I almost chucked the thing across the room a few times) but I was really impressed with how much I remembered! I feel like I still have the sewing touch! I told Kathy all she needed to do was make a scrunchie to finish off the ensemble because in my 7th grade sewing class we always made matching scrunchies with all of our projects. Needless to say, the whole experience took me back a few years!

6 comments:

Cardalls said...

It's very cute. I know what you can get me for Christmas this year...

Anonymous said...

Katie!! I was the queen of scrunchies...remember?? Such a cute apron!

Sarah said...

Oooh, I kind of want to make one of those... Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Ms. Beck and Ms. Jaggard, we owe it all to them!!!!! ~Amy Korf

Unknown said...

I have been contemplating making e some of those darling retro style aprons with ric-rac and such, but I don't know if I trust my skills with nice fabric

Unknown said...

Way to go, it looks great. I'd say you've still got it!