We have enjoyed the Halloween season at our house this year! Last week Adelaide and I went to a roadside vender to get pumkins, gourds, and a bale of hay to decorate our front porch. Then, over the weekend we attended 2 Halloween parties; one at church and the other with the Vanderbilt Anesthesia program. Both were excellent parties. Alicia and Tristan carved their pumpkins at the Vanderbilt party, but we didn't have our camera to take a picture of them doing it. Alicia ended up carving 3 faces on her pumpkin! It was very creative.
Yesterday, Daniel, Addi, and I carved 3 pumpkins. Adelaide had a great time helping me "gut" the pumpkin. We were separating the seeds from the goo so I could toast the seeds, so she would pull out 1 seed at a time. Before we started she decided to take off her shirt...I thought of making her put it back on, but I figured what was the point? She's gotten to the point where she can undress herself, which is great, except when we are out in public. We'll have to break her of that habit!
A friend of ours in the neighborhood (who we also go to church with) has a mule, so he drove that over with his 3 girls and took Daniel and the kids with him. They all rode that inbetween houses. Since the houses in our neighborhood are so far apart, it was nice for them to hop in the mule and catch a break here and there. Adelaide caught on very quickley to the whole candy thing. She'd go right up to the door and hold her pillowcase open. Or, if they let her pick her own candy, she would very carefully choose her favorites; suckers, tootsie rolls, and smarties. She lasted as long as the big kids, which was highly impressive, but totally crashed when we finally got her into bed.
Here are a few pictures of our festivities!
Addi among the pumpkins

Adelaide and I "gutting" the pumpkin

The costumes: Tristan was a basketball player (he wore Uncle Wes's old warm-up suit from when he was about Tristan's age), Alicia was a butterfly, and Adelaide was a flower. And as you can tell Tristan was not excited about taking this picture...I've found it is near impossible to get a picture with all 3 looking happy.

The Mule. Tristan was relieved to see that it was a motorized vehicle an not a donkey. Can you imagine the pictures in his head??? Riding around the neighborhood on a donkey???

The Pumpkins: Tristan's is the one in front. Alicia's is the one mid-right. Daniel's is on the upper right and mine are the two on the left.

3 comments:
Your kids look so cute. Seems you guys had a fun Halloween, and those pumpkin carvings are awesome, well done.
Great job on the pumpkins. I have to admit that I was thinking donkey also. I had a pretty interesting picture brewing in my head. Silly!
Those are great pumpkins!!! I didn't really get into the Halloween spirit this year, I'll have to work on that next year! Hope you guys are doing well! I hope to actually meet you one day too!
Laura
Post a Comment