Hello friends!! Did you miss me??? I hope to get you all caught up on my life over the last 6 months! How embarrassing...I can't believe it has been that long! We experienced some computer trouble...and life has just plain been crazy! I mean, my baby ended up in a trash can!
We continued into the new year embarking upon our master bathroom remodel. To put it lightly, Daniel and I could NOT stand our master bath. It was cramped...had too many doors...a small tub...an enormous shower that took up way too much room...a built-in linen closet that again, took up too much room (and had wire shelving...yuck!)....an enormous light pink vanity that was falling apart...and did I mention that it was cramped?? I knew I should have taken before pictures, but I was so frustrated with it, and SO glad to see it go, that I didn't take the time. I knew I would regret it, but I was just over it!! My dad came out to start the work at Thanksgiving, and continued through February. We enjoyed having him around. He came with us to many social functions, Tristan's basketball games, and he often saved me by driving Tristan to early morning seminary on more than one occasion. When I would call for dinner, we was normally quick to respond (unless he was in the middle of something important) and the first to be at the table. He was also the first to get up and help clean up (which Tristan and Alicia enjoyed since clean up is their responsibility). We ran into a few glitches with the bathroom, but my dad is excellent at what he does, and was able to not only fix them, but make it even better!
Here are a few photos of the finished product:
So this room used to be 2 separate rooms. there was a wall with another door going across from where you see the end of the vanity across to the little piece of wall you see by the existing door. This is a vast improvement. We were so glad to see that wall go!!!
Funny story...so you see the black built-in shelf above the tub? Daniel made that. I had him carefully measure to be sure that my Bath and Body Works bubble bath bottles would fit perfectly on either the top or bottom shelf, and then we'd decorate the tall middle shelf. He was so careful. After it was installed, I went to put my bubble bath on the shelf, and it wouldn't FIT!! It was about a cm too small!! He was so frustrated, but we had a good laugh!! So now we decorated the top and bottom shelves, and my bubble bath goes on the center shelf!
Ahhhhh, my claw foot tub...I've taken many bubble baths in this beauty. I love her.
The door straight ahead leads into my closet. The door to the left goes into our bedroom. It used to swing out into the bedroom, but then it would bang against our bedroom door, so my dad changed it around so that it would swing into the bathroom.
We replaced the built-in closet with this cabinet. I love it. LOVE it. We ordered everything on-line. The tub, all the fixtures, the vanity, the cabinet.... The only thing we got at a store was the tile...don't you love the tile work?? A closer look.....
Oh how I love our new shower stall!! Do you love the built-in shelves my dad tiled in?? I love my shower jets. Unfortunately we ran out of money...so shower doors had to wait about 3 months. It didn't stop us from showering tho...we just showered in the abyss of our bathroom with towels on the floor around the outside to catch the splattering water.
With shower doors finally installed, we were able to enjoy our shower to the fullest! We hadn't been using the jets without the doors because it REALLY made a mess! After the doors were installed we were able to enjoy the full luxurious experience. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks again to Dad for all his hard work and attention to the details!!









1 comments:
I LOVE your new bathroom! Dad does excellent work.
Post a Comment