CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Big News

Sometime in January I realized I was pregnant. I was a bit surprised! I hadn't expected to get pregnant so quick. It had taken a good while to get pregnant with both Adelaide and Avery, so I figured it would be the same way with our 5th and final child....not so. Took about 2 months. I was very excited! Showing Daniel the pregnancy test was even more entertaining. I've never seen him so beyond himself. He was just scratching his head saying things like, "how did this happen?" After the initial shock, he was just as excited as I was...it just took a little bit to wrap his mind around it. 

We had our first ultrasound at the end of January, and the little one looked great!


This pregnancy has been so different the whole way through. With Adelaide and Avery I was super sick until 20+ weeks. Lots of vomiting...although with Avery I took Zofran so I wouldn't vomit, but still felt awful for a long time. With this pregnancy, I was nauseous and very tired, but was not vomiting everything I ever tried to eat. I would have one episode in the morning, but then be ok the rest of the day. I found it hard to prepare food for myself, so I ate out to lunch most days. As a result, I gained more weight at the beginning of my pregnancy than I had with the other 2!!! The sickness wore off around 15 weeks. Far sooner than with my previous 2 pregnancies. I was seriously suspecting that this baby was NOT another girl....

In April I had another ultrasound. Of course, the most exciting thing to find out is the gender of the baby! The night before my ultrasound, Daniel realized he had been scheduled to do a procedure in the OR, and it was too late to reschedule. I was SUPER bummed...and so was he, that he would be missing the ultrasound. I was too afraid to go alone...in case they found something alarming with the baby, so thank the heavens I have fabulous friends!!! Alli (who I swear has been more excited about my pregnancy than I have) was more than willing to come along! We both covered our eyes when the tech examined the baby's lower half so that we wouldn't see what the gender was. The tech placed a picture in a sealed envelope for me to open with Daniel later. The tech was also having a hard time getting a good view of baby's back, so she told me to get up and jump around a bit to help motivate little one to roll over. After she left the room, Alli and I had the brilliant idea for me to do a handstand. So I did...in the middle of which, the tech came back into the room....oops! Apparently we gave everyone in the office something good to talk about the rest of the day.


HI MOM!!!


I love baby noses...

I waited for Daniel to finish up in the OR, then met him for lunch. We discovered we were expecting a healthy baby BOY!!! We were both so excited!! The first person we texted was Tristan...he was in school, but saw the text and replied, "It's a miracle!" I think he was very glad at the prospect of NOT being the only boy...even tho there will be a 16 year difference.

I have never been pregnant in the summer. I never understood why people said it was so horrible. I totally get it now. I'm not a person that typically sweats very much (even when I've had a good workout), but I've sure sweat A LOT this summer. It didn't help that it was one of the hottest summers EVER, but such is the way it goes! The girls and I just spent a lot of time at the pool this summer! I had bought 2 super cute swimsuits, so that helped!! I've also been WAY more uncomfortable in my 3rd trimester than I was with the girls. I've always felt so great my 3rd trimester. This time, I feel more miserable than I remember. 


A few weeks ago, my fabulous friends (Rachel, Alli, and Cassy) threw me a "Little Man" baby shower. Of course that meant the main them of the decor was mustaches. It was super cute and fun. I had a good turn out and got a fabulous load of BOY clothes! I felt a little silly, since this is my 5th child, but it was so fun!!


My sweet friends.



Limeade to drink in mason jars out of blue/white striped straws with mustaches on them.  


Chocolate cupcakes with mustaches.


The party favors! Cassy made these mustaches out of carmel flavored candy. So funny!!! So creative!!

I have to admit, I am the least prepared for this baby than I ever was with the others! I am now about 1 week away from my due date. The other night I started having contractions...I totally panicked! I hadn't gotten the carseat out of the storage space...I hadn't packed a hospital bag...I was stressing!!! So thru the pain, I pulled out the carseat, washed all of its pieces and packed myself a hospital bag. When I was done with all of that, I was worn out! I drew myself a warm bath in my fabulous tub, and the contractions subsided. I have mixed feelings about wanting to have this baby early. I'm very uncomfortable and everything seems to hurt...all the time...but he sure is easier to care for on the inside than the outside!! 


5 comments:

Judi said...

Wow that was a quick pregnancy since I am just finding out now when you are just a week away! How exciting to be expecting a boy! We are so enjoying #5 and I am sure you will too. Can't wait to read about his arrival.

Congratulations!

Judi :)

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

FINALLY! An update about your pregnancy, you silly woman! :-)

I am so excited for Tristan to get some more testosterone in his life! He is surrounded by women!! But he sure loves his sisters and mom :-)

I feel so unprepared this time because it is another girl and so I am just kind of coasting. We technically have everything we need this time around, but still! I should have things organized and washed and ready to go, but I just can't get up to do it.

I am so excited to hear about this baby boy! I hope he has wild curly hair like Avery! How exciting for your family!

Sarah said...

Congrats! So exciting!

Cardalls said...

Yay! Blog posts. I love the party ideas! So cute! Can't wait to meet this little guy.

Natalie Koester said...

So yeah, that's quite the update. I was just getting caught up with you while reading your blog 2 days ago. Hope all goes well with your delivery and can't wait to see pictures.