I know I've been silent for a few weeks....we've been busy adjusting to a dogless family of 6..... Although is anyone surprised that Daniel already has his eye on what kind of dog he wants next?? So far there have been 2 books that have come in the mail about this particular breed of dog. Does anyone have any guesses??? Needless to say...I have a baby...I need no puppy.
Anyway...So I wanted to post a picture of the Push Gift that Daniel got me after I had Avery. He does so well picking out Push Gifts. When I had Addi he gave me a silver eternity symbol pendant with 3 diamonds in the center. The eternity symbol for he and I and the 3 diamonds for each of the kids (since they came all at once!). This time he had a more difficult time picking something out, but I NEVER would have guessed it and it was perfect! I had teased him I wanted diamond earings....but he took me seriously and went and priced them out and was severely depressed after that. ANYWAY....he got me a Pandora bracelet. Soooooo perfect!
Jewels L-R:
**end piece with a design...no real significance other than the design reminded Daniel of something Hawaiian (where we honeymooned)
**a snake....to remind me of Daniel and his MANY pet snakes thru out our marriage
**a guitar...because I like music
**emeralds...because that is my birth stone
**soccer ball....for Tristan
**hearts....for Alicia
**lady bug...for Adelaide
**topaz....because that is Avery's birthstone
**baby boot...for Avery
**end piece with a design...reminding us of carefree days in Hawaii
The Monday after I had Avery, so before Thanksgiving, THIS came to my door.....
Have you EVER seen such a fruit bouquet??? HELLO! The duck is a piggy bank...and the dark round things are chocolate covered strawberries (which I proceeded to eat them ALL within minutes of it coming thru my front door). The pineapple was carved out into fun baby shapes (a rocking horse, a teddy bear, baby carrier, flowers with a melon ball in the middle, etc). We ate on that fruit for a LONG time! SOOO good! The anesthesia program director and the 2 assistant program directors and their office staff sent it to us. How nice was that???
We are all doing well....I will post more recent pictures of Avery soon and brag about how perfect she is!!!

2 comments:
We loved your baby announcement. Avery is so sweet, as is the name!
So I have never heard of a "push gift" before. Is this a tradition of yours or is this typical? I am always amazed at how well Dan does at picking out gifts!
I hope all is well there for you. Look forward to more posts about Avery.
what kind of dog is Daniel looking at? emily wants a dog really bad when we get married.
Post a Comment