CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

The Magic School Bus

Okay, so I've been working on getting this post published for over 3 days!!! I can't seem to get anything done!!!

Last Friday night was possibly the most FUN group date I have ever been on. Our friend, Munni, organized a fun Halloween night on the Magic School Bus that our friend, Dever owns. For some reason he decided to buy a school bus a few months ago, and it has turned into A LOT of fun. He brought it to the Trunk-or-Treat at the church, and it was a big hit. Pretty much any where the Magic School bus shows up, it turns into a hit! Anyway. Munni arranged a progressive, costume party dinner for about 15 couples. SOOOO fun. Everyone was totally decked out in costume. I think Daniel and I were the least dressed up couple. Had it not been for my huge belly, I don't think we would have been quite so entertaining. We of course went as the pregnant cheerleader and the football player. I was thinking school bus....high school...and I didn't have to buy anything for our costumes! I wore my high school cheerleading uniform (totally authentic), but it sure didn't fit like it used to!!! Daniel wore my powder puff jersey, which happened to have the name "Woody" on the back because I was a huge fan of the "Toy Story" movie in high school. I even had a talking Woody doll buckled into the backseat of my car....totally juvenile. Anyway, the name ended up working quite well for other reasons with me and my "costume."

We all all met in a parking lot to get on the Magic School bus, and then went to appetizers at Pei Wei. We definitely caught people's attention! Then we went to a really nice restaurant by Vanderbilt called Boundary. We were SO out of place there, but it was SO fun!!! The next stop...The Stage, of course, because Savannah Jack was playing! We made it in time for the last 30 minutes of their show....although I think 30 grown adults decked out in costume was just as entertaining as the band!! I had many people touch my belly and say, "Bless your heart," and then there was the other extreme who asked, "Is THAT real?" pointing to my belly. In response said, "oh yeah!" and invited them to touch it after they gave me a "yeah right" look. So they would take one finger (these people were totally drunk) and poked my belly. I'd say, "no really, touch it!" I gave a few people a pretty good laugh. We ended the night at Bosco's for dessert, but Daniel and I went home a little early since he had to work the next day.

I had so much fun and was SO easily entertained! Munni was awesome to organize, Dever was great to provide the transportation, and everyone put forth amazing effort into their costumes! I really don't remember EVER having so much FUN!!!

I tried on this outfit the night before we went out and couldn't stop laughing. Daniel's comment was, "Is that safe for the baby?? Isn't she getting squished??"


Dever, our caveman bus driver. He looked so gross (blacked out teeth and glued on fuzzy hair) that he was cute!

Rachel and Jason: Guinevere and Lancelot

Aaron and Shannon: Wesley and Buttercup
I was disappointed that Aaron hung up his Peter Pan costume and tights, but his comment was, "I didn't want to get beat up!"
Alli and Kathy: Angelina and Lunch Lady
Alli borrowed one of our brown babies. Although I strongly believe every little girl should have white AND brown babies...no matter what skin color the little girl is.
At dinner...
The Nerds: Eric and Polly
The Indian's: Munni and Andrew
The Vampire's: Aimee and Mike (Aimee even wore red contacts!)
The Office: Trish and Dave (I don't watch The Office, but I think they got it right on!)
Cave Woman: Tambi
Danny and Yvonne: Wolverine and Storm
Travis and Amber: a parrot and a pirate
Jeff and Bethany: Dumb (or is it Dummer?) and a Prom Queen.
Apparently Jeff wore his flaming orange suit all day at work and a co-worker wore a baby blue suit...so funny!
Carla and Danny: Boy Scout and Lunch Lady
Danny won the costume contest! Hilarious! I love his apron, "I'm just freakin' gorgeous!" And the boy scout was true to form being totally prepared! I needed scissors to cut some ribbon, and boy scout looked on her belt, and there they were!
At The Stage.
Obviously I'm missing a few couples. Everyone looked great, there was a 50's couple, a 50's vampire couple, Zack and Kelly (Saved by the Bell), Pirates, and I'm sure I'm missing a few! SO FUN! We are already brainstorming to decide what our next Magic Bus ride will entail!

3 comments:

Marcie said...

SWEET Costume Katie!!!! You and Daniel are quite a pair!

Karen said...

What an AWESOME idea for halloween! sooo fun! i am so jealous! your costume was so great! and that was so nice of your friends to throw you such a great shower!

GUENTHERS said...

You're so hip and fun! We got Ryan a little scooter with one wheel at the front and two in the back. Great find at a garage sale for $4. It's pink but he loves it! Best $4 I've spent in a long time!