CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Avery Marie 7lb 13oz

Since Katie is still in the hospital, I have the rare opportunity to hijack the blog. I am so proud of her, she was a champ through the whole labor process. She paged me at work on Thursday at 5:15 pm. I was in a conference and assumed it was the "when are you coming home?" page, so I just texted her that I was stuck in a conference. She texted back, "contracting a lot." Turns out she was already contracting every 6 minutes, and had been contracting all day, but was hoping it was false labor since she wanted to catch the midnight premiere of New Moon (so typical). I left Vanderbilt Hospital but was immediately stuck in traffic, and by this time Katie was contracting every 4 minutes. Luckily, her friend Rachel picked her up and brought her into the hospital. By 8 pm she had a well functioning epidural placed by one of my fellow residents. I was so grateful to him because Katie was starting to get into the "you did this to me!" mode, but after the epidural she had a smile on her face and was nice again.


At 10:26, only 4 hours after arriving at the hospital, Katie finished the job. I had delivered Adelaide and did a terrible job because I was so distracted, so this time I just stuck with the Dad role and it worked much better. One of the OB residents delivered the baby after only 3 pushes and placed her in Katie's arms. She decided immediately that her name was Avery, so it was very nice not to have to deliberate.


There is nothing cuter than the pruned toes of a newborn.




Adelaide and Alicia are loving the big sister role so far




9 comments:

GUENTHERS said...

Congratualtions, she's beautiful! Good job Katie and Dan! What a great looking family!

KYLE and NATALIE KOESTER said...

Congratulations! What a cute and happy family.

Cardalls said...

Congrats. She is darling. She reminds me a little of Addi as a newborn. Hope everyone is doing great!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Congrats! I am so excited our babies are only a few weeks apart! Only 3 pushes?? GIRL you are a champ. She is so adorable!

Sarah said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!

Marcie said...

aww, she is precious!! Congratulations!! I love the name :)

Cardalls said...

Dan looks like Seth Rogen in that last picture

Melissa said...

Congrats Friend! She is absolutely lovely! Of course, I didn't expect anything less!

Karen said...

Awww! Congratulations! I love the name. Aren't epidurals so wonderful!