The Easter Bunny was in a scramble at our house to get ready for Easter since we were on vacation last week. Our Easter Bunny was so focused on our vacation that she neglected getting anything ready for the Easter festivities. So Saturday was a very busy day!
I took the girls to an Easter party at our friend, Munni's house. She hosts a big Easter party every year and it is always a good time.....good food, great games, and of course an egg hunt. Unfortunately about 20 minutes before the start of the hunt Addi came to me and told me she wanted to go home and go to bed. When a 3-year old tells you that sort of thing, you tend to take it pretty seriously, so I had to break the sad news to Alicia (who was an excellent sport about it) and we packed up and came home to put our sad, sick little Addi in bed.
So instead, we had our own Easter egg hunt here at home after church (which I think Tristan was grateful for the turn of events since he would have missed out on extra candy from eggs since he chose to opt out of Munni's party the night before). I let Addi find her eggs first, and then turned Tristan and Alicia loose. Alicia was the last one looking for eggs, so we played the hot/cold game with her until she found them all. She was a much better sport about the whole "hunting" thing this year. There were no issues looking for and finding the Easter baskets earlier in the morning either!!! Every year she struggles with the "hunt," but this year I think she actually enjoyed it a little bit!!! Wahoo!
Alicia found gel pens and a pad of paper in her basket; Addi found a mini My Little Pony with about 4 changes of shoes (who knew My Little Ponies had shoes??); and Tristan found a Teck-Deck Skatepark ramp (I don't really understand it, but apparently it's the cool thing). So, even though our Easter Bunny took a vacation RIGHT before Easter, I think she still managed to be successful!

Adelaide in her pretty Easter dress by the pansies I planted in October. I am quite impressed with how hearty they are!

I always love the picture with one child giving her best smile and the other one being totally obnoxious.....

Alicia loved her Easter dress this year (thanks Grandma!!!). She loved the little sweater shrug and the poofiness (is that a word?) of the skirt. She got lots of compliments.

Addi on the hunt...

....and Alicia....

...and Tristan.

0 comments:
Post a Comment