My younger brother, Mitchell, goes to school at BYU and since we're not going home for Christmas this year because Daniel has to work, Mitch decided to spend his Thanksgiving break with us. The kids really enjoyed his company. He played soccer with Tristan, chatted with Alicia, and played and played at Addi's request. I think they read books, played play dough, played with her toys and babies, colored, and played outside. His comment as I drove him to the airport on Sunday morning was, "I'm worn out...your kids wore me out...Addi wore me out!" I think he enjoyed the change of pace, though (or at least that's what I tell myself!!!).
Mitch came in Tuesday night, and Daniel's parents arrived Wednesday night. Some friends that used to live in our neighborhood, but had moved to Florida, had decided last minute to come up for Thanksgiving, so we had them over for dinner on Thursday as well. We ended up with 13 people. There was a girl Alicia's age, and a boy Tristan's age, so the kids were quite pleased with that. Unfortunately, there are no pictures to document. The camera just didn't make it out of its case.
I spent the morning busy in the kitchen and quite enjoyed the time to myself. Mitchell, Daniel, and his parents all went down with Brian Thursday morning for "The Big Shoot." It is an annual Thanksgiving tradition. I'm not sure what makes it so different from other times we shoot to get its own special title, but whatever....that's Brian for you.
Mitch and I were up at 3:45 on Friday morning to go hit the sales. He needed new clothes, and I got a few sweet deals on Christmas presents. We had it worked out to a science. Mitch doesn't take long to shop...in fact, he pretty much hates it, so he'd be done after about 10 minutes, so I'd send him to get in line while I finished shopping, and then hop in line with him right before he got to the check-out. Daniel's parents left soon after we got back from shopping. Daniel's mom got up early to hit the sale at JoAnn's and got some sweet deals, so everyone was happy...
Friday afternoon, we went downtown to check out the Parthenon. Mitch needed to go to it so he could write a paper on it for his humanities class. Unfortunately it was closed, but we got some pictures of the outside while Mitch educated on the Doric columns and other architectural aspects of the building. We were all fascinated...especially Tristan and Alicia (do you feel my sarcasm).


On Saturday, we all decided to go to the auto show at the convention center. The kids had a blast getting in and out of all the cars. Then, Mitch and I went over to our friends house (Andrew and Munni) to play games until 2am. It was a good time. We all really enjoyed having Mitch here and are glad he chose to spend Thanksgiving with us.

Nice ride!

I can't tell what most of these cars are...I cropped the picture a little bit, but the way Daniel took the pictures you can't tell what car they are in. I think this is one of the Nissan pick-up trucks...the big one.

Addi loved getting in the drivers seat. I think she's driving an SUV of some sort here.

My favorite part of this picture is the dude to the right who is polishing the car. It makes Alicia look like a total diva.

Tristan, Alicia, Addi, and Mitch with the Ferrari

"Cool Guy"
There were also 3 tour buses that you could go in and check out. It was pretty neat. Tristan is lounging in one of them here. He is really starting to act like a pre-teen. It's kind of funny...sometimes (when he's not mouthing off to me like pre-teens do). He's always impartial to everything...even things he likes. SO TWEENY.

Tristan tells us all the time that he wants a Mustang, so I told him to hop in because this would be the closest he'd get to driving one!!!! ha ha hah!

After I found out my dream car (Cadillac Escalade...the extended one) goes for $90,000, I decided I needed to check out my other options. I think I'm in the big Ford SUV in this picture.

0 comments:
Post a Comment