Today was Tristan (5th grade) and Alicia's (2nd grade) first day of school. They were so excited that they were ready to go out and wait for the bus 30 minutes early.... Tristan was kind of stressed out last night, but all was well after he got home today. My mom had this annoying tradition of taking a picture of all of us kids every year on the first day of school, so naturally I decided to carry on that tradition. Luckily Tristan and Alicia don't find me too annoying yet.... I knew Addi would be wondering around the house all day looking for them if we didn't do something, so I let her watch the kids get on the bus, eat breakfast, and then I took her to the Zoo for a few hours. That seemed to do the trick. So overall, everyone had a great 1st day of school.
Monday, August 13, 2007
The First Day of School
Today was Tristan (5th grade) and Alicia's (2nd grade) first day of school. They were so excited that they were ready to go out and wait for the bus 30 minutes early.... Tristan was kind of stressed out last night, but all was well after he got home today. My mom had this annoying tradition of taking a picture of all of us kids every year on the first day of school, so naturally I decided to carry on that tradition. Luckily Tristan and Alicia don't find me too annoying yet.... I knew Addi would be wondering around the house all day looking for them if we didn't do something, so I let her watch the kids get on the bus, eat breakfast, and then I took her to the Zoo for a few hours. That seemed to do the trick. So overall, everyone had a great 1st day of school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I remember one year I was able to drive the hooptie to school with Katie and mom came running out of the house for our first day of school picture, as I was backing out of the driveway. I think mom still has that picture, I had on those sweet glasses and Katie was dressed all early 90's style...oh the memories of the first day of school.
Holy cow, school starts early in Tennessee! It starts today (the 23rd) in Cache Valley. I think the first-day-of-school-picture is a fun tradition -- just think, Tristan and Alicia will be able to reminisce like this one day...
Post a Comment