CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

We're Still Here!

I know it has been forever since my last blog, but I assure you that we are all here and accounted for! The kids and I took a little 12 day trip right after school got out. We drove to St. Louis for a few days, then up to Chicago (for cousin Ryan's birthday at the Brookfield Zoo, the "Old Church Meeting", and to visit Aaron's grave), then back to St. Louis for a few days, then to the Lake to meet Rockwell (Nate and Brenda's new baby boy), then to Kansas City so I could go to a friend's wedding, and then all the way back to Nashville!!! I can't wait around for Daniel to have vacation time in the summer because it will never happen, so I must make these trips by myself. The kids had become excellent travelers and are very helpful with Adelaide.

When we got home our garden was in MASS produce. Yesterday I picked a 3 gallon bucket of green beans! We've already canned pickles, jalapenos, and bannana peppers. Our tomato plants are out of control, but not many have turned red yet...just lots of green ones. We've enjoyed fresh beets, carrots, cucumbers, zuccinni (Daniel planted 5 plants!!!! some days I'll pick up to 15), squash, peas, and green beans. So, our garden has been very fruitful already. I'm wondering what will happen to it when the kids and I leave again in mid July for over 2 weeks. We will be going to Camp Nagrenol and then to Kansas City to spend a week with Wes before he leaves on his mission.

The kids and I have been working and playing hard. They do a little bit of school work everyday to keep up their skills and they help me do some daily cleaning, but other than that, they are free to do what they wish. We also make it to the pool about 2 or 3 times a week and they really enjoy that.

I am sad to report that after the kids and I left on our trip, Daniel never saw our birds again. They were great flyers, but had no fear of humans. I actually think the cat next door probably got to them. Poor things. But not to worry, because now we have a bird trying to make a nest in the garage!!!!

On a polar bear at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago (Max, Addi, Ryan, Tamblyn, Tristan, and Alicia)

On the carousel at the Brookfield Zoo.

Our Family plot at the family cemetary in Elgin, Illinois.

Adelaide and the penguins at the St. Louis, Zoo.

Tristan, Alicia, me, and Adelaide inside the penguin exhibit.

Alicia and Tristan on the St. Louis Zoo carousel.

Adelaide LOVED the penguin exhibit...she screamed when we had to leave, so I put her on the penguin on the carousel to help consol her.

Tristan and Alicia playing baseball with Uncle Wes at the park down the street from my parents house. Tristan loves to hit the ball with the bat, and Alicia just loves Uncle Wes (I think she has a bit of a crush), so she was happy just to be there. She was showing off her knowledge of baseball by spitting and banging the bat on the ground before every pitch.

2 comments:

GUENTHERS said...

Great pictures! We have been missing your blog entries. Hope you guys are well. We are jealous of your plentiful garden, but it sounds like a lot of work!

GUENTHERS said...

Just thought of another idea for your large supply of zucchini. You could make zucchini bread or muffins and freeze them. Yum!