CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Birds Part II




Nice birdie . . .














Aaaaahh!!







Our birds are all grown up and living in the backyard now. They come down from the tree to get fed, and will even let Katie (a.k.a. mama bird) hold them on her finger. They are a bit more skiddish around Daniel (a.k.a. Big Bird) because he has been gone a lot lately. The only trouble is that they like to perch on human heads. This is Eyebrows (named for his beautiful, bushy eyebrows) perching himself comfortably on Alicia's head. What a fine photo op!

4 comments:

Cardalls said...

Those birds have no fear! I guess they are part of the family now! (p.s. I love Alicia's hairties)

GUENTHERS said...

Nice face Katie! It looks like you're thinking "so what, you have a wild bird on your head!" Good luck with all that, or should I say good luck to Dan since you'll be gone for a while?

The Taylors said...

That is so funny that you are taking care of wild birds. Looks like they are a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

I really love your acount of your ravels and experiences. The children are really growing up also.
Katie when my tomato plants take over I trim of most of the leaves that do not carry fruit. I tell myself that they produce more fruit that way