CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Birds












Nice birdie . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Aaaahhhh!
So I found these baby birds in the backyard, their nest had fallen out of the tree. Our dog was trying to eat one of them (the runt in the middle of the picture). Being the nature loving guy that I am, I took them in and made a little home for them. I put some dog food and eggs in the blender (much to Katie's disgust) and made some food for them. I was at the hospital today and I got this page from Katie, "These birds are so gross. They are hungry ALL the time, the smell of their food makes me want to vomit, and then they poop all over each other. I hope they learn to fly soon." In actuality, I think Katie has really taken a liking to these birds and she is doing quite a good job caring for them. Tristan helps feed them and digs up worms from the garden as a little treat. We are hoping to release them back into nature as soon as they learn to fly. Katie would like for me to strap large wings to my back and teach them to fly in the front yard. If anybody has any other ideas, please let us know.

2 comments:

Cardalls said...

Hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing. Next, you'll take in a deer that roams your neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

You really had an exiting time. One of my neighbors has a nest in a basket with artificial flowers and there are 6 eggs in it. I think it belongs to a house sparrow. Congrats to Tristan that is quite an accomplishment that he did. Katioe and Daniel you are doing great with birds and with people. i am proud ( I should say) I am pleased with with you Love Opa. I hope it gets there.