CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tristan's Cross-Country Season

Tristan had a very sucessful cross-country season this year. He started out the fastest runner on the team, but a little way through the season, a few of the upper-classmen started to kick it in, and Tristan dropped to the 2nd fastest runner. As much as they all liked Tristan, they couldn't have a freshman beating ALL of them! The Alicia, Adelaide, Avery and I spent the season cheering him on along the course...running from one point to the other so that he knew we were there and we could encourage him the whole way through. I don't know what it is, but I always get emotional when I watch him run...something about it...I can't explain it. So I was cheering while I was trying to hold back the tears. I think I gathered all of his times except one, so here is how the season went:

September 1       18:15 31st place
September 13  18:54 3rd place
September 24 18:33 14th place
September 27 18:23 3rd place
October 6 18:06 11th place
October 15 18:08 16th place
October 27 18:23 3rd place REGIONALS
November 5 18:26 51st place STATE



Here are a few photos from the first few meets (above and below). Tristan's high school is pretty small, so the cross-country team had less than 10 kids on it. Last year no one turned in their uniforms, so the upperclassmen all had theirs from last year, but he 4 freshmen went without uniforms for about 1/2 the season.



These two photos (above and below) are from the regional meet. Tristan placed 3rd at regionals, and his team won 1st place.



Daniel snapped this photo of us girls at the state run. This is what we typically looked like as we trekked across the fields at meets going from point to point to cheer Tristan on.

At the start line...doesn't Tristan have a fabulous look on his face?

All the runners lined up (about 250). I'd hate to be the guy with the flag and the gun standing right where ALL those runners are going to be sprinting. It's always fun to hear the pounding of the runners' feet as they stampede out of the gate.


Tristan is in the middle of that herd somewhere.

Tristan placed 51st...which I'd say is quite an accomplishement for a freshman. After the season was over we were hanging out with some friends and someone asked Tristan what he thinks about when he runs. The answer was quite simple, he said, "win."


Tristan recieving his trophy from his coach, Coach Cotton, at the end of the season.

Tristan, we are so proud of your accomplishments!!! Keep up the good work!

1 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

That is SO amazing!!!! He is such a rockstar.

Also LOVING that picture of you and the girls. Love you all!!!