CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

It was nice to have Daniel's parents here over the weekend. They came into town specifically to attend Daniel's graduation dinner. It just so happened that Sunday was Father's Day as well. Daniel's mom was here over Mother's Day, so it was kind of fun to spend these 2 holidays with Daniel's parents. I ended up pretty sick on Sunday morning. Adelaide and Avery had been sick with a bad congestion-type virus all week...I guess it was only a matter of time before I got it. I had gotten up initially with Avery, but soon Daniel rescued me so I could go back to bed. Then HE proceeded to make breakfast for everyone. What a guy. I had to get up out of bed to take care of Addi and Avery while everyone else went to church....luckily the girls were pretty low maintenance.

We gave Tam a tin ammo can full of various kinds of ammo for Father's Day....every man's dream.

The girls (Alicia and Addi) made a really sweet card for Daniel, and Tristan wrote a really nice note. One of the things he said was that Daniel was his "best dad." For most people you'd say, well yeah, he's your only dad....but that hasn't been the case for Tristan, so it was a really sweet thing to say. It was hard to top THAT, but I got Daniel Band Hero for our XBox. We were introduced to it at Camp Nagrenol, and Daniel thought it was so fun to do as a family, so I figured we could use it on a more permanent basis. We ended up playing together for almost 2 hours!!!

Rockin' out. Adelaide is imitating the lead singer from "Kiss"

Alicia wasn't too impressed with the guitar. I think she handed it off to Daniel about midway thru the song. She mainly just enjoyed being the lead singer on Taylor Swift songs...go figure.

Tristan was consistently good on everything. We even made him sing a Taylor Swift song with Alicia. It was pretty cute....I'm sure he'd love to know I'm putting this on the blog......

0 comments: